Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone ever bought speakers (not in a cabinet) from Avatar?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone ever bought speakers (not in a cabinet) from Avatar?

They say they sell Celestions, and they say they say Hellatones which are broken-in Celestions.

So do they sell actual NEW Celestions? I was quoted a price of $349 for 4 Vintage 30s or g12Hs. Was that probably a Hellatone quote, or new Celestions quote, or what?

Thanks.
    All ad-lib guitar to think to

I bought a quad of Hellatone 60Ls and a quad of K100s from Avatar at separate times. Both were brand new. Excellent prices, quick turnaround. No bull**************** when dealing with Dave@Avatar. It's all legit.
    Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Custom, PRS Custom 24
    Amps: Diezel Herbert, Mesa/Boogie Mark III, Fender Super Reverb
    Cabs: Mills Acoustics Afterburner 412B, Mesa 2x12 Rectifier, Mesa 4x12 Road King, Marshall 1982a
    Good Deals With: Metalhed, O'Rourke, Guiary, Outlaw128, 6StrngStrangler, sahlomonic

Comment

Never dealt with them, but have heard enough good things to not worry about them one bit, and whatever he quoted was for new. The Hellatone are new when they get them. They just exercise the speaker and put their label on them.
      ∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆ Metric Halo 2882 Expanded +DSP, , HP Z600 (w/dual hexacore xeons at 2.66GHz, 12GB Ram, 480 GB SSD), OSX 10.10, Windows 10, Ubuntu Studio 14, Harrison Mixbus 3 , Pro Tools 12, and Reaper. Belmont Bigsby, Godin LGSP-90 (NAMM ed.), Godin LGX-SA into an 11 Rack controlled by a FCB1010 with an Eureka Prom. A bunch of other stuff lying around.

Did I mention that Harrison Mixbus 3 is out? If not check it out. It Is AWESOME!!!

Comment

I'm positive the quote was for the speakers stated.

Avatar gets great discounts...they buy by the container.
        Gibson Ibanez Diezel / Fender / Dan Hall

Originally Posted by Sixtonoize

This.

I couldn't have said it better.

Originally Posted by K-Bizzle

Yeah I'm with Abstract here...

Originally Posted by Bob Savage

I like your style, and attention to reason.

Originally Posted by TornadoOfSouls

Just don't buy it from Dewy / Musicians Friend.

Originally Posted by justcrash

Winner winner, chicken dinner!

Great deals with: MHenson, Honkridge, Ledvedder, Rik-Guitarstudi, ***1776***, shane159, chriscnb, LA-Ü-RA, LoopQuantum, exafro, Silvervox325, EdgeOfDarkness, Ricky Bobby, Valtiel, Fretless, 100 watt...

Comment

If they were selling imitations as the actual thing, do you think they's stay in business this long?
          tlbonehead@yahoo.com
          www.myspace.com/tbone_tommy
          -For Sale:
          -set of GFS Dream 90s- gold and black pearl- $40 shipped in the cont. US
          -(2) Celestion G12M-70 16 ohm guitar speakers in good condition $40 ea. + shipping.
          - Vox VT15 Valvetronix very clean - $85 + shipping
          - Hughes Kettner Edition Tube 20 (the early Voxy sounding one) Sounds & looks good. $250 + shipping. SOLD
          - Crate Palomino V8 - 10" Celestion - Very clean - on Ebay (sold)

Comment

I bought a pair of V30s (not Hellatones) from them. Good stuff.
            VHT/FRYETTE DEATH SQUAD

Comment

If they were selling imitations as the actual thing, do you think they's stay in business this long?

I didn't think they'd be selling imitations, but I wonder if they were selling Celestions with the Celestion label, or Celestions with the Hellatone label (which ARE actually Celestions, so no imitations here at all).

I got my answer, thanks guys. Merry Christmas.
              All ad-lib guitar to think to

Comment

I have a friend who had a very good experience buying from them. They are legit.
                Guitars: Godin Session CB, Larrivee D-05, Ibanez RG, Hagstrom Swede
                Amps/Cabs: Fargen Miniplex MKII, Egnater Tweaker, Fender Mustang III, Mills Afterburner 4x12

Good deals: Dimebag11, guitarslinger, ThePunisherTF, Wayne87mott, Kev324, zack, alaskaehlers, c2ply, ak37, droptrd, dboy5150, dropthisd, rbasaria, Shooto, Jon Hiller, DoubleBarrel, BabyDaddy, Edge11, bdhn, the gunslinger

"Hi, I'm Yesterday...and today I am looking for Tomorrow"- Maina

Comment

I have bought two cabs from Avatar. They are a great company that is totally legit. I wouldn't think twice about buying from them.

Cole
                  Amps
                  Marshall JCM900 2500 MkIII
                  Egnater Tweaker 15
                  TRM Guitarcabs Wide Ported 1x12 (Fane Medusa 150)

Pedals
                  Korg Pitchblack+
                  Ibanez Weeping Demon Jr.
                  Pro Tone Thruster
                  Monte Allums GT Mod SD-1
                  ISP Decimator (Loop)
                  MXR 6 Band EQ (Loop)
                  Hermida Reverb (Loop)
                  Visual Sound V3 Single Tap Delay (Loop)
                  Carl Martin Octaswitch