Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

HCAF, tell me what you would do in this situation?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HCAF, tell me what you would do in this situation?

I played a gig with my band at the beginning of November. Since then, we haven't practiced and I've barely heard from any of the other guys. The singer and I have tried to arrange practice a few times, but the bassist is always "busy" that day (no job, lives at home). We were practicing at the bassist's house (an hour from mine, just minutes from everyone else), but he suddenly said it's not cool anymore. So I offered my parent's house. It would be a 45 minute drive for everyone.

Singer calls me Monday and confirms today with me (my day off, his day off). Says he'll call the other guys and confirm with them, and let me know where as soon as he finds out. He has no problem driving to my parent's house, but he wanted to check with the other 2 guys before committing to anything.

Don't hear anything from any of them that night, Tuesday, or last night. I figured I would at least have received a phone call from someone, or an email. So I plan on not practicing. 12:30 this morning (while I'm at work...don't get off until 7am), the bassist calls and leaves me a voicemail. Says he talked to the singer, and he (the singer) wants to get together at his house to do a headphone jam (which is unproductive as ****************...run preamps through a mixer and use electric drums and headphones...) and write.

Would you call back and arrange a practice, or would you just act like you didn't get the message?

I played a gig with my band at the beginning of November. Since then, we haven't practiced and I've barely heard from any of the other guys. The singer and I have tried to arrange practice a few times, but the bassist is always "busy" that day (no job, lives at home). We were practicing at the bassist's house (an hour from mine, just minutes from everyone else), but he suddenly said it's not cool anymore. So I offered my parent's house. It would be a 45 minute drive for everyone.

Singer calls me Monday and confirms today with me (my day off, his day off). Says he'll call the other guys and confirm with them, and let me know where as soon as he finds out. He has no problem driving to my parent's house, but he wanted to check with the other 2 guys before committing to anything.

Don't hear anything from any of them that night, Tuesday, or last night. I figured I would at least have received a phone call from someone, or an email. So I plan on not practicing. 12:30 this morning (while I'm at work...don't get off until 7am), the bassist calls and leaves me a voicemail. Says he talked to the singer, and he (the singer) wants to get together at his house to do a headphone jam (which is unproductive as ****************...run preamps through a mixer and use electric drums and headphones...) and write.

Would you call back and arrange a practice, or would you just act like you didn't get the message?

A. Quit the band

B. Kick the Bass player out. He sounds like an unreliable douche. Come on man you can teach a monkey how to play bass.

C. Quit the band. Sounds like an episode of The OC. **************** that ****************.
    Originally Posted by Used2BMarkoh

That's not my picture, you know - that's my avatar. I'm actually a transexual white lesbian from Kansas, but I like to dress up as an the only person more unusual than me - a conservative black man.

Comment

psssst: they broke up with you
      The community here was awesome but the digs & spirit of the place has been in decline ever since it became a business venture rather than a simple collective and this latest gong show really brought the chickens home to roost.Necessity is the mother of invention, ergo: www.guitarampboard.com.So long and thanks for all the fish, love izzy.

Comment

why are you even still considering this? Run away, never look back.
        GIBSON | PRS | SQUIER | EPIPHONE | BLACKSTAR | PEAVEY | MARSHALL | JET CITY | CRATE (ZOMG!!!)

The Band

Good Transactions

Originally Posted by Ovid9

I thought it was more the fact your walls were covered in pictures of skinny guys with long hair.

How did you fap in a room like that?

Proud owner of the first NAD of the new HC

Comment

Clearly this is an opportune time to start masturbating.

Comment

when is it not?
            GIBSON | PRS | SQUIER | EPIPHONE | BLACKSTAR | PEAVEY | MARSHALL | JET CITY | CRATE (ZOMG!!!)

The Band

Good Transactions

I thought it was more the fact your walls were covered in pictures of skinny guys with long hair.

Comment

when is it not?

Your Grandma's funeral. I learned the hard way.
              Originally Posted by Used2BMarkoh

That's not my picture, you know - that's my avatar. I'm actually a transexual white lesbian from Kansas, but I like to dress up as an the only person more unusual than me - a conservative black man.

Comment

punny
                The community here was awesome but the digs & spirit of the place has been in decline ever since it became a business venture rather than a simple collective and this latest gong show really brought the chickens home to roost.Necessity is the mother of invention, ergo: www.guitarampboard.com.So long and thanks for all the fish, love izzy.

Comment

The Band

Good Transactions

Comment

I've done it in church.

Comment

There is no such thing as an inopportune time to masturbate

Comment

you can dodge my first post but it's the truth

Comment

Singer sounds like a straight guy, dunno about the other guys.

Sounds like its time to find a new bassist and drummer.
                          Current Gear
                          ESP/Fender >> Blackstar/Randall >> Randall/Mesa

Tully's Shop - Excellent Luthier work and Custom Guitars in the Chicago area

Comment

you need a new band
                            http://www.guitarampboard.com

Comment

you need a new band

This
                              PRS, Godin, Carvin, & Ibanez guitars
                              Digitech GSP1101/Control 2
                              Sennheiser G2 in-ear system

Originally Posted by DrakkarTyrannis

Ya'll n****s is gay

Cheers, Lucius.

Originally Posted by BrendanO

For real. Anomaly shreds not only his balls off, but the balls off two out of every five children born after 1992.

Band
                              YouTube
                              Facebook

Transactions with: OceansBetweenUs, eagertokill, rbasaria, outkastin2g, jonny_toetags, Findthetone, chriscnb, and CAC

Comment

Working...
                              X