Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

What factors cause you to flip gear often?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What factors cause you to flip gear often?

Just curious. A lot of guys, including me, are notorious gear whores who buy and sell constantly. What makes you get rid of gear on such a repeated basis?
    Formerly known as "eagertokill"

~Laney Posse~

AMT Army - Sargent C.O.D. reporting!

Internets.

"This sounds badass! You should buy this pedal! It will make your playing so much better!"

Comment

I don't flip gear often.

Comment

I don't flip gear often at all. No point fixing something that ain't broke.
        You don't win friends with salad

BRO CLUB MEMBER: NaturalBornBro

All that is needed for the triumph of evil, is that good men do nothing - Edmund Burke

What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty or democracy? - Mahatma Gandhi

Comment

I am currently satisfied. I had to get rid of almost all due to money reasons but when things get better I will buy the same stuff I had because I was really satisfied then.
          Formerly known as "eagertokill"

~Laney Posse~

AMT Army - Sargent C.O.D. reporting!

Comment

I flip gear until I'm happy.

At this point, I'm insanely happy with my gear. Especially the Bogner.

Comment

A person can purchase a piece of gear thinking it may offer them what they are looking for from that piece, but after playing it for awhile, if it does not satisfy, then that is why I would sell it off and try something else.

Only recently have I come to be satisfied with what I have finally arrived at.
              It would take something really special for me to buy different gear then what I already have, or just add to my current gear.
              Two of the nicest gentlemen, and most talented people: Mssr's Diezel and Krampe.
              Je préfèrerais mourir sans un sou dans une rue en Europe que de vivre en Amérique sous l'administration actuelle. Alizée est la meilleure. Vous, les princesses pop américaines, n'avez aucun talent, aucune classe, et vous sonnez comme de la merde. Sarkozy et le reste de l'Europe se moquent de notre président dans son dos.

Comment

Should have added the option "To keep up with whatever is popular on HCAF for forum cred/popularity".
                Originally Posted by Wizard of Ozz

I have used the Herbert in a band setting.

Comment

FWIW, I don't flip gear very much. Once I buy it, I'll keep it unless it's a hunk of ****************.

Comment

I think a lot of it is limited money as well. If not, we would all keep and keep, and just keeping adding pieces. We only flip to fund new things.
                    Mesa Triple Recto
                    Marshall 2203 Clone
                    Axe-FX/POD HD500

Comment

I just like playing different guitars and amps. I don't flip effects much, since my tone is pretty organic (Guitar, Tube Amp Gain and the Truth), but I'll be buying new/different guitars and amps until the day I die. Acoustics, too.
                      Fender MIM Deluxe Strat W/ Bridge Custom-Custom and Warmoth maple/ebony neck
                      Wechter Grand Auditorium Elite Cutaway W/ Fishman Aero 501

Peavey Classic 30 W/ Celestion GreenBack
                      Traynor YCV50BLUE
                      JJs, Mullards, Electro-Harmonix,
                      Groove Tubes, Tung-Sols
                      Boss GT-10 Multi-effects processor.

“Any problem you can't solve with a good guitar, is either unsolvable or isn't a problem.”

Comment

I don't flip much any more but most of the time it was a "buy to try" kind of thing.
                        Most stores don't carry the stuff that's on EBay or in the forums classifieds.
                        EX Jackson USA guitars, Mesa mark IV's IBanez J-customs etc.
                        Stuff like tht. if I could actually try some of this **************** before I actually bought it I would've never bought 1/2 of it in the first place.
                        Bernie Rico Jr. CS Hesperian 7
                        Axe -Fx II-MFC 101
                        RCF NX 12 sma
                        Jsx 2X12 Combo
                        7 Strings

Comment

My gigging gear is always at my jam spot and my "trying out" gear gets swapped out or sold. Cheers, Lucius
                          Good transactions with: Brewski, gtpfbod, Xenoanthropus, wassupg,NickCormier, Ben J , Skyhighrocks, JonathanD, gooman, UVguy, Rho, Erocku, warplanegrey, exilea, Jerryp, Mogwai, thefyn, guitarslinger, Mr Scary, madrigal77,Dark Aegis, a few others that have slipped my mind.

FS: Mesa Dual Rec - SOLD! To the man with the big green shoes!

Comment

Working...
                          X