Egnater Mod 50/100

spoonie g

• Members

Super awesome amps, if the Axe-FX couldn't pull off what the Egnater did I would not have sold it.

That said, the Egnater stuff tends to be more refined and polite which to me is a plus, others may not be into it though. It just always sounded pleasing to the ear.

• Members

They are not easy to find in a store. I don't think that they are that easy to find online! Check Egnater's site for dealers and ask each one what they have in stock.

I have a RM50 combo and a RM100 head and love them. Sure, they are not the super sexy Mod series (which I would love to own) but the modular concept has me hooked.

• Members

I played a mod 50 through a standard sized port city 2X12 using whatever module is modeled after the TOL and it was literally the most amazing warm organic lead tone I had ever heard.

Hands down better than an XTC or shiva. It was THAT good.

That would probably have been the EG3/4, one of the first modules I owned. I've never played a Shiva, and I played a friends XTC a long time ago and I would be inclined to agree. The EG3/4 IMO is the perfect Marshall tone. It is definitely a lot warmer than your standard Marshall fare but that works because IMO most Marshall's (JCM800/Plexi) are a bit too bright to begin with.

Axe-FX aside, I will definitely have more Egnater stuff in the future. :rawk:

• Members

MOD50 may be the ultimate amp...

Two interchangeable slots for four channels of sweet tone...anything from pristine clean to all out metal (if you use a Randall module...heh)

Nice and balanced power section with 1/2 and full power option..

Killer tone...

Am currently sporting Randall RM50HB and a pair of Egnater M4s.....since I preferred the more agressive edge from the Randall.

• Members

I LOVE my Mod 50. If I had a few more bucks I might have gone with the M4 + an RT2/50, but it the 50 is just an incredible sounding amp. I'm playing it through their Tourmaster 2x12 loaded with the stock CL80s.

Mine is loaded with the VX and a modified EG3/4 module.

The VX module is my favorite of all the ones I've tried. Also, contrary to some other posts Bruce's customer service is excellent. That is from my personal experience.

• Members

So wait.... You're telling me the Randall rm series is the same as this egnater stuff? I know it's the same concept, but the modules are interchangeable?

The modules are indeed interchangeable, but all of the Randall series will only access channel A of the Egnater dual modules. The RM100 can access both with a modification. None of the others can do that.

All of the modular stuff was designed by Bruce I'm pretty sure. A lot of people describe the RM100 as a more modern sounding amp than the Mod50 or Mod100.

• Members

And muntean, I saw where you were selling the mod50 for $1450 in the classifieds. Asking for $2100 with only the t/d module added seems a bit f'd up, eh? And you told me you were selling it for a guitar. There you said you were selling it to get the new E2 preamp.

• Members

And muntean, I saw where you were selling the mod50 for $1450 in the classifieds. Asking for $2100 with only the t/d module added seems a bit f'd up, eh? And you told me you were selling it for a guitar. There you said you were selling it to get the new E2 preamp.

I guess since you decided to post public to this thread, I will explain to this thread for those who are really interested.

Yes, correct. I posted MOD 50 "UNLOADED" $1450.

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?t=2533837

Yes, correct. I replied $2100, but please look at the subject line of my first post ot this thread. "Anyone interested in a MOD 50 w/cab & T/D module "

Thus, the $2100 includes the head, the T/D module and the cab (see link below of cab, it is US made not like current $450 Egnater Tourmaster 2x12)

http://www.indoorstorm.com/Carolina_Cabs_Is212_Blackcreme_Egnater_Style_Acc007-p-4612.html

Are we having fun yet?

Yes, when I posted in 1/14/10, yes E2 is what I wanted. If you look at my post on rig-talk or some other forum or craig'slist, I think just days before that I was selling to get the Egnater M4 ... and now the Matchless. Although an amateur, you and I both know how fast people can change their minds regarding what they are selling gear for, right? I should probably go and change them all to avoid confusion (if I could find all the places I posted it on).

Whewwww! Anymore questions? Please no more. (joking)

Oh, I almost forgot, I did not say I was "selling it for a guitar". Please reread my PM. It was for the Matchless once again.

Archived