Celestion // Eminence speakers equivalent

Slaymoar

• Members

These Eminence speakers are not "clones" of Celestions, but have similar voicings.

http://eminence.com/guitar.asp?speaker_size=12

Celestion || Eminence

Vintage 30 - 70W || The Governer-75W

G12H30 - 30W || The Wizard - 75W

Greenback - 25W || Private Jack - 50W

Alnico Blue - 15W || Red Fang - 50W

G12T-75 - 75W || Man O War - 120W

G12-65 - 65W || The Tonespotter - 75W

Any additions, let me know I will add here.

• Members

I'd love to hear A/B audio comparisons of these match ups. I've always tinkered with the idea of switching out my celestions for Emi's.

You have to consider the fact that the emis are louder too. If you have a 100watt amp, that might not be a good thing..

• Members

I'd love to hear A/B audio comparisons of these match ups. I've always tinkered with the idea of switching out my celestions for Emi's.

I've always felt that Celestions are not that expensive. I'm a REALLY thrifty guy, but considering I don't own (or plan to own) a fleet of speakers... a few good ones are worth the $ to me.

• Members

You have to consider the fact that the emis are louder too. If you have a 100watt amp, that might not be a good thing..

That's not cool... I've noticed that about other brands when compared to Celestions. Getting an amp loud enough has NEVER been a problem... I like the speakers to be a bit less efficient so the power section has to work harder and saturate more... that's a big reason why I recently decided that I need a 112 cab.

• Members

Why not go Weber or WGS if you want equivalent speakers to Celestion models?

Well it gives you an idea of what equivalency you are getting sound-wise.. Eminence offers higher wattage coils and higher decibel ratings which can be alluring for some appications.

-D

• Members

I've always felt that Celestions are not
that
expensive. I'm a REALLY thrifty guy, but considering I don't own (or plan to own) a fleet of speakers... a few good ones are worth the $ to me.

I entirely agree, but its not all about money.. I think IMO that celestion make crappy speaker baskets. They are easy to warp in comparison to eminence.. Just an example.

-D

• Members

I entirely agree, but its not all about money.. I think IMO that celestion make crappy speaker baskets. They are easy to warp in comparison to eminence.. Just an example.

-D

Yeah, I wasn't talking about the money aspect. Just wondering if Emi's would be better for me than the Celestions.

• Members

Well it gives you an idea of what equivalency you are getting sound-wise.. Eminence offers higher wattage coils and higher decibel ratings which can be alluring for some appications.

-D

Alright. I hear ya, I've got speakers rated from 30 watts to 200 watts, so I understand. I seem to get them in pairs, you know two of each kinda like the Noah of toan. :lol:

• Members

On that list I have owned the Governer, Wizard and Private jack.. And have owned the Vintage 30, h30, and Greenbacks... None of them sound alike to me. So I really dont feel the comparisons are that close. Thats not a bad thing since I do like Eminence stuff, especially the Legend V12.. I would like to try the Tonespotter still..

• Members

I have more than a passing fancy as I own these.

V30 - 90's and 2000's

GB - 80's, 90's and 2000's

G12T-75

GS1275

Wizard

Governor

Private Jack

Man-O-War

V12

Texas Heat

M75

H75

ET65

I just can't agree with the OP's assessment comparison.

Here's some clips to possibly help you draw your own conclusions.

Set 1

Set 2

• Members

V30 - 90's and 2000's

G12T-75

GS1275

Wizard

Governor

Private Jack

Man-O-War

V12

Texas Heat

M75

H75

ET65

Awesome, will listen!

• Members

That's definitely something I've never paid attention to. Is the basket the metal part that holds the magnet that I never see?? :confused:

• Members

V30 - 90's and 2000's

G12T-75

GS1275

Wizard

Governor

Private Jack

Man-O-War

V12

Texas Heat

M75

H75

ET65

Set 1

Set 2

Safari won't let me open those...:mad:

• Members

Lynch Super V's are based on an old Fane. What it looks like is that the Fane he used became a "Medusa 150c" but I could be wrong. GW said it was like a mix between a K100 and an EVM12L.

As for Emi's equivalent to a Cele... the Tonker is supposed to be pretty similar to a K100.

And the Texas Heats are supposedly similar to a Hot100, based on both Eminence and Celestion sources.

Archived