No announcement yet.

Celestion // Eminence speakers equivalent

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Celestion // Eminence speakers equivalent

These Eminence speakers are not "clones" of Celestions, but have similar voicings.

http://eminence.com/guitar.asp?speaker_size=12

Celestion || Eminence

Vintage 30 - 70W || The Governer-75W
    G12H30 - 30W || The Wizard - 75W
    Greenback - 25W || Private Jack - 50W
    Alnico Blue - 15W || Red Fang - 50W
    G12T-75 - 75W || Man O War - 120W
    G12-65 - 65W || The Tonespotter - 75W

Any additions, let me know I will add here.
    Everyone's Here -> GUITARAMPBOARD.COMGUITARAMPBOARD.COMGUITARAMPBOARD .COMGUITARAMPBOARD.COMGUITARAMPBOARD.COMGUITARAMPB OARD.COM

I'd love to hear A/B audio comparisons of these match ups. I've always tinkered with the idea of switching out my celestions for Emi's.
    Sixtonoize on Prince-

Originally Posted by Sixtonoize

Yup.

Great songwriter, killer guitarist, and certifiable pussy black hole (once it gets within his range, none can escape).

Originally Posted by isvoid

a 10 is an 8 that swallows

Comment

I'd love to hear A/B audio comparisons of these match ups. I've always tinkered with the idea of switching out my celestions for Emi's.

You have to consider the fact that the emis are louder too. If you have a 100watt amp, that might not be a good thing..
      Everyone's Here -> GUITARAMPBOARD.COMGUITARAMPBOARD.COMGUITARAMPBOARD .COMGUITARAMPBOARD.COMGUITARAMPBOARD.COMGUITARAMPB OARD.COM

Comment

I've always felt that Celestions are not that expensive. I'm a REALLY thrifty guy, but considering I don't own (or plan to own) a fleet of speakers... a few good ones are worth the $ to me.
        Joe

The Rig:
        Granger Lead Overdrive 50 Check it out!
        Avatar G112 Vintage w/ Celestion G12K-100
        Bogner Straight 412 w/ an X of Celestion V30's and G12K-100's

The Axes:
        2002 Gibson SG Special Faded w/ Tom Anderson HN3+ and H1
        2000 Fender Standard American Strat SSS Maple Fretboard

The FX:
        Barber Tone Press
        Keeley-modded Ibanez Analog Delay
        BBE Boosta Grande

Comment

You have to consider the fact that the emis are louder too. If you have a 100watt amp, that might not be a good thing..

That's not cool... I've noticed that about other brands when compared to Celestions. Getting an amp loud enough has NEVER been a problem... I like the speakers to be a bit less efficient so the power section has to work harder and saturate more... that's a big reason why I recently decided that I need a 112 cab.
          Joe

The Rig:
          Granger Lead Overdrive 50 Check it out!
          Avatar G112 Vintage w/ Celestion G12K-100
          Bogner Straight 412 w/ an X of Celestion V30's and G12K-100's

The Axes:
          2002 Gibson SG Special Faded w/ Tom Anderson HN3+ and H1
          2000 Fender Standard American Strat SSS Maple Fretboard

The FX:
          Barber Tone Press
          Keeley-modded Ibanez Analog Delay
          BBE Boosta Grande

Comment

Why not go Weber or WGS if you want equivalent speakers to Celestion models?
            Originally Posted by LoopQuantumIt would never work. You're in outerspace, and breathing is a bitch.Originally Posted by BrendanOThere is something very wrong with a situation when I'd rather sleep with the naked cowboy.Vice President o' teh boosted midz clubGreat deals with; ENdtime, OverDriven, outforblood

Comment

Aren't the Lynch Super V's supposed to be a modified V30?
              Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby

Imma rape you first, drak.

With the fury of 1000 white man aids.

Comment

Why not go Weber or WGS if you want equivalent speakers to Celestion models?

Well it gives you an idea of what equivalency you are getting sound-wise.. Eminence offers higher wattage coils and higher decibel ratings which can be alluring for some appications.

-D

Comment

I've always felt that Celestions are not that expensive. I'm a REALLY thrifty guy, but considering I don't own (or plan to own) a fleet of speakers... a few good ones are worth the $ to me.

I entirely agree, but its not all about money.. I think IMO that celestion make crappy speaker baskets. They are easy to warp in comparison to eminence.. Just an example.

-D

Comment

Eminence speakers sure are interesting beasts.

They are tight, loud, and fast. cheap too.

I like 'em.
                    BRO CLUB Member: BROSLINGER
                    Proudly uses: STOMP UNDER FOOT pedals.

Comment

I entirely agree, but its not all about money.. I think IMO that celestion make crappy speaker baskets. They are easy to warp in comparison to eminence.. Just an example.

-D

Yeah, I wasn't talking about the money aspect. Just wondering if Emi's would be better for me than the Celestions.
                      Sixtonoize on Prince-

Originally Posted by Sixtonoize

Yup.

Great songwriter, killer guitarist, and certifiable pussy black hole (once it gets within his range, none can escape).

Originally Posted by isvoid

a 10 is an 8 that swallows

Comment

Well it gives you an idea of what equivalency you are getting sound-wise.. Eminence offers higher wattage coils and higher decibel ratings which can be alluring for some appications.

-D

Alright. I hear ya, I've got speakers rated from 30 watts to 200 watts, so I understand. I seem to get them in pairs, you know two of each kinda like the Noah of toan.
                        Originally Posted by LoopQuantumIt would never work. You're in outerspace, and breathing is a bitch.Originally Posted by BrendanOThere is something very wrong with a situation when I'd rather sleep with the naked cowboy.Vice President o' teh boosted midz clubGreat deals with; ENdtime, OverDriven, outforblood

Comment

bump

Comment

On that list I have owned the Governer, Wizard and Private jack.. And have owned the Vintage 30, h30, and Greenbacks... None of them sound alike to me. So I really dont feel the comparisons are that close. Thats not a bad thing since I do like Eminence stuff, especially the Legend V12.. I would like to try the Tonespotter still..
                            SPAM

-Dimarzio Paf 7-$45 or trade for a Duncan custom 7

-Mick Thomson Blackouts set- $110 or $100 for just pickups, no pots/harnesses

emg 81 or 85. $50. I'm keeping one, so whichever one sells first..

-Ibanez Ts9- like new $60

-Modded ProCo Rat (pm for info) $70

pm for pics

Good transactions with- too many.

Comment

I have more than a passing fancy as I own these.

V30 - 90's and 2000's
                              GB - 80's, 90's and 2000's
                              G12T-75
                              GS1275
                              Wizard
                              Governor
                              Private Jack
                              Man-O-War
                              V12
                              Texas Heat
                              M75
                              H75
                              ET65

I just can't agree with the OP's assessment comparison.

Here's some clips to possibly help you draw your own conclusions.

Set 1

Set 2
                              Grease Monkey... SLO... M90... Dual Rect... Others...

Comment

Working...
                              X