NGD- R9 les paul

Les-Zombie

• Members

2009 50th anni R9, this is #35 from the first batch of 500 that came with the gold coa, gloss finish and the shade of cherry sunburst is darker red and not as bright as the washed cherry on the vos.

I got this about a week ago and i wasnt gonna post any pics around here because of the hate for gibson but the guitar is just too awsome not to share, im sure theres a few dudes that might dig it. i had a few R9 over the years and this one sounds better than they did, i sold my twin jet and used some of the cash towards it and i think i made a good choice. in 2009 gibson made some minor changes but i think it made a little bit of difference like a nylon nut, nickel plates brass saddles, different pots, slightly thinner maple cap and fretboard. the neck shape changed and theres a bunch of little stuff most people wont notice that didnt change the tone so i wont mention it.

the quality is great and i cant find any faults, it seems like they put more time into the quality control in the custom shop than tehy do on the regular usa stuff, i have some other custom shop lesters and they are well built and sound great, now the couple i had that wasnt custom shop and that was a different story, both of the 84 ri explorers i ordered didnt look very good and had over spray and other issues and i bought a couple slash goldtops and one looked great and the other i wasnt as happy with. so i have seen both sides of gibson and im very happy with the quality of my new guitar.

2.jpg

1x.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

9.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

10.jpg

7.jpg

005.jpg

• Members

To the OP.

Eat a bag of dicks and die.

I'd be {censored} scared to play a guitar costing so much. I only have one guitar worth over a grand and I freak out everytime it touches anything that isn't my hands or the hardcase :lol:

• Members

Thats a beautiful guitar :love:

I got a R8 about a week or so ago so i definitley know what you mean about the custom shop stuff. I know Gibsons QC gets a hard time on these and other boards but the custom stuff is top notch. You really cant beat it.

Enjoy the new Gibby. The flame on it is great

And now some shameless pics of my one just for the hell of it :D

DSCN0371.jpg

DSCN0372.jpg

DSCN0376.jpg

• Members

douchebag!
HNGD, that thing is SWEET! I have one in iced tea that is just an amazing guitar. Great playing guitar. At first i didnt like it compared to the lp customs i had, they are MUCH different feeling guitars. After a while i learned to love that R9.

• Members

You do realize you're
wrong
, don't you? :poke:

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gibson-Custom-Shop-Les-Paul-Custom-Electric-Guitar?sku=517110

Why do you suppose they put a "Custom Shop" logo on the back of the headstock, anyway?
:p

You're both right/wrong. Customs were not made in the custom shop until 2004. If your Custom has the typical Gibson Serial # 8xxx7xxx like my '87 custom does, it was not made in the Custom shop. Newer LP Customs have a serial number that starts with CS. This started in 04.

• Members
To the OP.

Eat a bag of dicks
and die.

I'd be {censored} scared to play a guitar costing so much. I only have one guitar worth over a grand and I freak out everytime it touches anything that isn't my hands or the hardcase
:lol:

Do dicks have carbs?

• Members

You're both right/wrong. Customs were not made in the custom shop until 2003/2004. If your Custom has the typical Gibson Serial # 8xxx7xxx like my '87 custom does, it was not made in the Custom shop. Newer LP Customs have a serial number that starts with CS. This started in 03/04.

Good man! Thanks for clearing that up, I was looking around and couldn't find the date when the CS took over all Custom models, doh!

• Members
Congrats man she's a beaut. No way I could bring myself to pay that much money for a LP though after owning a Tokai. The R8/R9's are great though and stand toe to toe with my LS150 in every way.

I would bet a Gibson traditional would stand toe to toe with your guitar. Plus it will still be worth something when/if you sell it.

Archived