No announcement yet.

NGD- R9 les paul

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD- R9 les paul

2009 50th anni R9, this is #35 from the first batch of 500 that came with the gold coa, gloss finish and the shade of cherry sunburst is darker red and not as bright as the washed cherry on the vos.

I got this about a week ago and i wasnt gonna post any pics around here because of the hate for gibson but the guitar is just too awsome not to share, im sure theres a few dudes that might dig it. i had a few R9 over the years and this one sounds better than they did, i sold my twin jet and used some of the cash towards it and i think i made a good choice. in 2009 gibson made some minor changes but i think it made a little bit of difference like a nylon nut, nickel plates brass saddles, different pots, slightly thinner maple cap and fretboard. the neck shape changed and theres a bunch of little stuff most people wont notice that didnt change the tone so i wont mention it.

the quality is great and i cant find any faults, it seems like they put more time into the quality control in the custom shop than tehy do on the regular usa stuff, i have some other custom shop lesters and they are well built and sound great, now the couple i had that wasnt custom shop and that was a different story, both of the 84 ri explorers i ordered didnt look very good and had over spray and other issues and i bought a couple slash goldtops and one looked great and the other i wasnt as happy with. so i have seen both sides of gibson and im very happy with the quality of my new guitar.

Beautiful.

Should have kept the TJ though.

Comment

That is absolutely beautiful, I'd kill for that guitar. awesome stuff!
      | Fender | Gibson | Two-Rock |

Hear it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMWwDV2_MU0

Comment

The custom shop stuff is on a whole different level IMO, I consider it the "real" Gibson...

... I just can't afford it!
        "Rock'n'roll is about sweat. If you look at U2, they don't sweat much. But Chuck Berry, he sweats like a mother****************er!" Bob Log III

Comment

Nice. I almost snagged one for $3k a month ago. I ended up getting a few others instead.
          http://www.myspace.com/deadcongregation
          http://www.myspace.com/embraceofthorns

Comment

[jealous] Dude, you have waaaaay too ****************ing much money! [/jealous]
            Member of the Mesa/Boogie Mob m/m/

Uses & abuses: Mesa/Fender/Charvel/Jackson/Gibson/every pedal ever created.

Good deals: The Rossness, Laura the Valve Queen

Mustaine-Who? is a scammer, avoid this prick like the PLAGUE!

Originally Posted by Ron Burgandy

So in conclusion, if you like pussy then you like Strats. If you don't like Strats, it's because you secretly don't like pussy.

Originally Posted by NaturalBornBoy

Sheikpwnt

Originally Posted by Murdoch

We like to think of it as you leaving a foot-wide trail of fishy-smelling sand wherever you go.

Comment

The CS is definatley the proper stuff. I've had 2 LP Standards, both were terrible, but my LP Custom was amazing and my DG-335 is phenomenal too. Decent gibsons are those pre 1969 and custom shop.

Comment

To the OP.

Eat a bag of dicks and die.

I'd be **************** scared to play a guitar costing so much. I only have one guitar worth over a grand and I freak out everytime it touches anything that isn't my hands or the hardcase

Comment

Thats sweet bro.
                  " "Best toan in teh land" - champion

Good Buyers/Sellers :Mikenothing , SirKonks,Dimebag11 x2,Dropped_2_c,Boris the Blade,thefyn,MrSandman,Gabe15,GuidanceOfSin,shane1 59 X2,Mparsons,rabott13,warplangrey,iamthearm, SkyHighRocks,RobotBodiesBFF,Tu Be x2,IanDOL,Fridgit,Jim Ansell ,GutterMouth,LionHeaRT07 ,Zao X2,m3at,Bluesman001,Khoifish321,thinkpad20,vangkm, juice,phatgirl,Trembulant,knope , Knucklefux, pfapin,rareguitar,donsimon76, again with this, Jerry Dyer, eagertokill,rugbyguitargod

Comment

Thats a beautiful guitar

I got a R8 about a week or so ago so i definitley know what you mean about the custom shop stuff. I know Gibsons QC gets a hard time on these and other boards but the custom stuff is top notch. You really cant beat it.

Enjoy the new Gibby. The flame on it is great

And now some shameless pics of my one just for the hell of it

Amps:

Axe-Fx
                    Mesa Boogie 2Ch Dual Rectifier
                    Peavey 5150
                    ENGL Blackmore
                    ENGL Pro V30 Cab
                    Marshall DSL 100
                    JCM900 1960A Cab

Guitars:

Gibson Les Paul R8
                    Gibson Gothic Explorer (EMGs)
                    Jackson RRMT
                    Edwards Les Paul Custom - EMG 81 / 85
                    Schecter C-1 SD Distortion / Jazz

Comment

douchebag!
                      HNGD, that thing is SWEET! I have one in iced tea that is just an amazing guitar. Great playing guitar. At first i didnt like it compared to the lp customs i had, they are MUCH different feeling guitars. After a while i learned to love that R9.
                      Check out my clips at: www.soundclick.com/purplenurple

Originally Posted by RockStarBassist

You've pretty much just become my new Jesus Christ, Lord and Savior. And you can sig that.

Originally Posted by richardcouch

mother ****************ing finish 1 mother ****************ing tune

LAWL

nurp, you could jarsquat a wine barrel if it was filled with gear.

Originally Posted by abecon5

do me now. you are my kind of whore.

avoid at all costs: Jbrazz, Indianscout and Aporcelainsky

Comment

The CS is definatley the proper stuff. I've had 2 LP Standards, both were terrible, but my LP Custom was amazing and my DG-335 is phenomenal too. Decent gibsons are those pre 1969 and custom shop.

You do realize an LP Custom isn't a Custom Shop model right?
                        There is no order in the world, save what death has put there.

Billows
                        Fender::Matamp::Acoustic

Comment

Aaaah stop posting photos of VOS/RI LP's! My next guitars definatley gonna be a 339 or a 58/59RI. Theres a gorgeous one in a shop near me, good price too.

Comment

You do realize an LP Custom isn't a Custom Shop model right?

You do realize you're wrong, don't you? oke:

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gibson-Custom-Shop-Les-Paul-Custom-Electric-Guitar?sku=517110

Why do you suppose they put a "Custom Shop" logo on the back of the headstock, anyway?
                            Member of the Mesa/Boogie Mob m/m/

Uses & abuses: Mesa/Fender/Charvel/Jackson/Gibson/every pedal ever created.

Good deals: The Rossness, Laura the Valve Queen

Mustaine-Who? is a scammer, avoid this prick like the PLAGUE!

Originally Posted by Ron Burgandy

So in conclusion, if you like pussy then you like Strats. If you don't like Strats, it's because you secretly don't like pussy.

Originally Posted by NaturalBornBoy

Sheikpwnt

We like to think of it as you leaving a foot-wide trail of fishy-smelling sand wherever you go.

Comment

hot
                              FRYETTE DEATH SQUAD
                              Mesa/Boogie Mob m/m/
                              Intern of Teh

Originally Posted by abecon5

what kind of toan will i get if i replace my maps tranny with a she-male???

Originally Posted by Sheik_Yerbouti

It is a scientific fact that it is impossible to look uncool rippin' on a Sexplorer!

Originally Posted by ATauO

ah shiz.. here comes the asstroglide ampclowns

Originally Posted by Sixtonoize

I don' know who this Solandow guy is, but I think he's full of ****************.

Comment

Working...
                              X