X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engl Savage Review

Got a brand-new Engl Savage 120 a few days ago. Since I
    Engl Savage 120 Jackson USA Guitars

Excellent transactions with:
    killertone, Mizati20, thaifoo, zygoat, is350xtrm, bartmcartman, xiwiwix and many more.

"Killing is my business... and business is good..."

I agree with your review of the savage pretty accurate description good job

Which do you prefer for high gain the SE or Savage

Comment

I agree with your review of the savage pretty accurate description good job

Which do you prefer for high gain the SE or Savage

Thanks.

I like em both for different reasons. The Savage has more of an old-school Marshall bite to it, it's dryer and tighter... while the SE has the more modern, saturated/gained-out sound, with that massive lowend that really shakes the place. Versatility also goes to the SE.

killertone, Mizati20, thaifoo, zygoat, is350xtrm, bartmcartman, xiwiwix and many more.

Comment

Great review...I have been leaning towards the Savage for a while now...tho the occasional Peters and Titan video has swayed me.
        Gear:
        Caparison TAT
        Hamer Californian

Amp:
        Peavey XXX
        Engl Screamer

Cabinets:
        VHT Fat Bottom 4x12

Effects:
        Ibanez "Bodenhamer" TS-9
        ISP Decimator
        MXR 10 band EQ

Comment

Some pics:

Sexy review!

Happy new amp week!

Best modern amp IMO

Comment

I just creamed!
            Originally Posted by gsxrbusa

"Is that an AMT in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?"

AMT Army-SGT Major Br00tz

Originally Posted by Samnite

**************************** it. Killzone'd.

My netmusicians clips....
            http://www.netmusicians.org/index.ph...e&section=user

Current Crap....
            Marshall Lead 100
            Marshall jcm800 1960 cab
            AMT P1
            AMT E1
            Boss HM-2
            Parker P42 Stock Pup's
            BC Rich Warlock NT (Lace Deathbucker)

Comment

the savage has a different feel to it than any other amp I've owned
              I just wish I could play as good as the savage sounds

Comment

Good review! Your descriptions of channel 4 are pretty spot on, and looking at your settings you dial in pretty similar to me! I love all the gain stacking layers, but its easy to over do the gain on this amp.

I agree about the 'smooth' feature....kinda useless for really high gain stuff imo.

There's a few things I'd like to update to this amp...midi ports, as you said, switchable FX loops, easier biasing capabilities (you know what I mean if you've ever had to bias an ENGL!)

Comment

Good review! Your descriptions of channel 4 are pretty spot on, and looking at your settings you dial in pretty similar to me! I love all the gain stacking layers, but its easy to over do the gain on this amp.

I agree about the 'smooth' feature....kinda useless for really high gain stuff imo.

There's a few things I'd like to update to this amp...midi ports, as you said, switchable FX loops, easier biasing capabilities (you know what I mean if you've ever had to bias an ENGL!)

Totally agree on the smooth feature. Seems like a good idea on paper. I had the same experience with the Powerball. Maybe too much of a good thing?

Comment

I haven't had the chance to try a savage but, if it's supposed to be a blackmore on steroids then i bet it's the ****************ing-God-slayer-mega-ultra-super-badass-sex-in-a-box
                    Originally Posted by Say Ocean

Go back to listening to A7x you dumb piece of ****************.

Rig: Mesa Dual Rectifier 2 channel, Avatar 4x12 loaded with V30's, ESP LTD SC-607B, Schecter Hellraiser BLK, Maxon OD-9 (broke), ISP Decimator.

Good Transactions: O'Rourke, THEE HAMMER, xtchc1978

Comment

Cool review! My Savage 120 shipped today!! Cant wait to chugga chugga with it
                      SPAM:
                      EH English Muff'n $100 shipped

www.myspace.com/thetruefallenempire
                      www.myspace.com/epochofunlight

Bernie Rico Jr Gun Metal Grey Vixen Hybrid Serial #1
                      Engl Savage SE
                      Engl XXL Pro Cab
                      Carbon Copy
                      HBE THC
                      ISP Decimator
                      Ampeg Bass Rig
                      BC Rich NJ NT Warlock Bass
                      good deals KillaJ,SwampDonkey,m3at,arkohors,lost_cause,JsinBT L,silver-seven, Insightibanez,motorpud,rareguitar

Comment

HNAD Mike. Looks like a killer set-up, but its OK to admit the SE pwns the Savage.oke:
                        Amps: Axe FX II, Matrix GT1000FX, Fryette 2/90/2, EVH 5150 III 50w
                        Guitars: PRS SC250 (2) - Gibson LP R8
                        Cabs: Mills Acoustics (2), EVH

GREAT TRANSACTIONS WITH 140 DIFFERENT MEMBERS.....---->CLICK HERE

Comment

This whole thing seems ****************ed, it's just not right to see this from you.
                          After all the **************** about engl over the years it doesn't seem right that you own them now. Im just saying it's weird.

Now that I have released my thoughts I wanna say congrats, that mght be the best amp engl makes. I really liked it alot when I had it and I could see myself someday selling my Blackmore and buying one. I think you made a good choice.

Comment

Nice. This amp is on many an album out of Studio Fredman, which always initiates the GAS.

Comment

This whole thing seems ****************ed, it's just not right to see this from you.
                              After all the **************** about engl over the years it doesn't seem right that you own them now. Im just saying it's weird.

Now that I have released my thoughts I wanna say congrats, that mght be the best amp engl makes. I really liked it alot when I had it and I could see myself someday selling my Blackmore and buying one. I think you made a good choice.

Now that I have gained enough technical experience, I'm not too worried. If something goes down, I'll be able to fix it.

I've never played the Blackmore, but from what everyone that has played both say, its a Blackmore on roids.

Comment

Working...
                              X