I made this video for you last night (Valentines Day).

LA-Ü-RA

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wow... a couple chuggs on the low E and then a hammer-on and pull-off on the A string... am I the only one that notices that EVERY single video Phatgirl does she is playing the exact same thing? Ugh... randomly pick one of her Youtube video and it's always the same thing...

Being an asshole aside... your guys' tone is killer...

• Members

You just have so much badass gear... whether it be guitars or amps... and every video demo'ing all the awesomeness is just the same riffs... that's all, maybe you haven't even realized it, but scroll through your Youtube videos and see for yourself, was just something I've noticed... wasn't a crack on your ability or anything along those lines...

• Members

Laura, that was great. Cool to see most of the band getting down with this stuff. Your new guitarist sounds like a pretty solid player too, even if he doesnt seem to get as into it as you do....though maybe thats different on stage. Great tones, and playing, as always!! :thu:

• Members

Sounds very cool, Laura. It sounds like you buried that poor boy in the mix on the rhythm parts with your delic tones.
:o

Really? I thought the mix was pretty good. I had all four 4x12's running but I mixed them (from left to right-1 was Chris, 2 was me, 3 was Chris and 4 was me).

• Members

Really? I thought the mix was pretty good. I had all four 4x12's running but I mixed them (from left to right-1 was Chris, 2 was me, 3 was Chris and 4 was me).

it sounds great. I think your tone just stood out more, maybe you had magic mojo midz :cop::cop:

:wave:

• Members

Really dig your bassist, although he looks like 60 years old
:o

Cool music and tones, although IMO you could use a little more in the high end... and maybe some more gain... might just be the recording though.

I dial in a bit dark so you are probably hearing things accurately. I have been using less gain recently but I thought there was plenty. I will try dialing it back up again but I am boosting. I think it was just below noon in that clip with my Rocca linear boost.

Our bassist is younger than me. He just embraces his grey. :facepalm::p

• Members

I dial in a bit dark so you are probably hearing things accurately. I have been using less gain recently but I thought there was plenty. I will try dialing it back up again but I am boosting. I think it was just below noon in that clip with my Rocca linear boost.

Our bassist is younger than me. He just embraces his grey.
:facepalm::p

Yeah it's no biggie... I personally tend to go for more brighter and more saturated tones, so personal tastes and all that. Sounds good, and you like it too, so :thu:

Archived