Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody tried Andy Timmons' pickup?

I need to swap the bridge pickup on my Ibanez SZ, and Dimarzio's website says these are designed for mahogany-bodied, 25" scale guitars. Being a fan of Timmons, and knowing there are some other fanboys on here, I was wondering if any of you guys had any experience with it.

I'm waiting for an answer to this one. I'm curious about this also.
    BG Pickups are awesome: www.norcalguitars.com

Arend @ Sweetwater =

Originally Posted by Guitarist+

I don't need your empathy.

Comment

I'm waiting for an answer to this one. I'm curious about this also.

me too
      Mesa/Boogie Mob

My Gear
      Fender American Deluxe V Neck (w/ sustainiac stealth plus)
      Warmoth Tele (Bridge: Dimarzio Breed, Neck: GFS Hot Nashville)
      ESP-LTD MH-301
      Mesa/Boogie Lonestar Special 112
      Boss GT-8
      Vox V848 Clyde McCoy Wah
      EHX Micro POG
      Afri-Can Guitar
      Xotic Effects BB Preamp MB
      Xaviere XV-700 Redflake Fretless
      Crate V18-112
      Outlaw Supply Ole Fuzzy

Good deals with:
      Mfergel
      NOS68
      jdh4him (on the Boogie Boards)

Comment

Before this pickup was released to the public, I called Dimarzio and asked what the closest pickup to it was.

He said it was very close to a Breed Neck.

Installed brred neck in bridge of my Ibanez. Its OK, like a fat Paf Pro. Very generic Tone, like Timmons. Not as much harmonics or growl as a Fred, not as sharp and cutting like a Paf Pro. Its got a good bit of mid honk is the best way to describe it. Not too hot, so its still open-ish sounding.

This was a VERY SHORT love affair with timmons, his playing, and his tone. It was nice to hear another shred voice for about a week, but he's just not all that.

Comment

Well, opinions differ, but thanks for your input man.

Comment

Just get 'em. They're just pickups. I'm sure if Andy were to play your Ibanez SZ you wouldn't feel the need to change out your pickups (unless they are broken).
            geetarz: Nashville Tele w/Fralin and Lollars, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Music Man Luke w/piezo, Music Man Albert Lee HH
            mapz: Mesa Mark V, Jet City JCA50H, Mesa Mini-Rectifier
            efx and such: RC Booster, BB Preamp, Nova System

Comment

Just get 'em. They're just pickups. I'm sure if Andy were to play your Ibanez SZ you wouldn't feel the need to change out your pickups (unless they are broken).

True. Andy will still sound like Andy through anyone's rig, however I like to do a little research before making a purchase.

Comment

This was a VERY SHORT love affair with timmons, his playing, and his tone. It was nice to hear another shred voice for about a week, but he's just not all that.

wat

Comment

Installed brred neck in bridge of my Ibanez. Its OK, like a fat Paf Pro. Very generic Tone, like Timmons....This was a VERY SHORT love affair with timmons, his playing, and his tone. It was nice to hear another shred voice for about a week, but he's just not all that.

woooooow
                  FRYETTE DEATH SQUAD
                  Mesa/Boogie Mob m/m/
                  Intern of Teh

Originally Posted by abecon5

what kind of toan will i get if i replace my maps tranny with a she-male???

Originally Posted by Sheik_Yerbouti

It is a scientific fact that it is impossible to look uncool rippin' on a Sexplorer!

Originally Posted by ATauO

ah shiz.. here comes the asstroglide ampclowns

Originally Posted by Sixtonoize

I don' know who this Solandow guy is, but I think he's full of ****************.

Comment

C'mon, dont pretend that even good guitarists can pick Timmons tone out of a lineup. He's got a standard, mid-output bucker tone.

And I play ibanez sabres like timmons, his tone is just not happenin. Mid honk with a glassy top.

Comment

Andy timmons generic?

Obvious troll is obvious.
                      BG Pickups are awesome: www.norcalguitars.com

Arend @ Sweetwater =

Originally Posted by Guitarist+

I don't need your empathy.

Comment

Andy timmons generic?

Obvious troll is obvious.

Word. sabrex, if you're gonna troll at least put some effort into it.
                        geetarz: Nashville Tele w/Fralin and Lollars, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Music Man Luke w/piezo, Music Man Albert Lee HH
                        mapz: Mesa Mark V, Jet City JCA50H, Mesa Mini-Rectifier
                        efx and such: RC Booster, BB Preamp, Nova System

Comment

C'mon, dont pretend that even good guitarists can pick Timmons tone out of a lineup. He's got a standard, mid-output bucker tone.

And I play ibanez sabres like timmons, his tone is just not happenin. Mid honk with a glassy top.

You're a retard or a troll. No middle ground.

Comment

I think it MIGHT be a relabeled Dimarzio "Double Whammy." They took this pup out of the catalog a couple years before the breed came out.
                            BRO CLUB Member: BROSLINGER
                            Proudly uses: STOMP UNDER FOOT pedals.

Comment

I think it MIGHT be a relabeled Dimarzio "Double Whammy." They took this pup out of the catalog a couple years before the breed came out.

No, its basically a Bred Neck. Same specs. The Double Whammy is much hotter.

Comment

Working...
                              X