Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got a job interview in an hour and I'm freakin' nervous!!

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got a job interview in an hour and I'm freakin' nervous!!

I gotta sit in a room with 10 people pounding me with questions

I'm feeling kinda sick to my stomach...anxiety is kicking in at full force
    Great Transactions: Mctallica1, JimAnsell, Muzikazoo, Sandman31774, Sordid1, thesplawnster, GrooveHT

My Splawn Quickrod clips: http://www.netmusicians.org/index.ph...g&section=user

Good luck man !
    Toyz- a bunch of really cool ****************.

Comment

Good times. Just remember you got that far because you know your stuff!
      '12 Carvin DC800
      '08 Loomis FR EMG 707's
      ---
      Splawn Quickrod EL34's (Purple)
      AxeFX Ultra
      ART SLA-2

http://www.youtube.com/aconstantbattle
      ---
      Super Sexy Splawn Society

Comment

Best of luck, man. What kind of position is it you're interviewing for? Are you hopping jobs, or are you currently between jobs?

Comment

Bring in teh Splawn and if you get stumped, jump up on the table and shred making sure stare into the eyes of each person until they have to look away from sheer intimidation. Then say "Is that enough of a reference for you?", drop your guitar, and walk out of the room.

Seriously though, good luck!
          Wes

Parker Guitars
          Budda Amplifiers

Comment

Seriously, meditate, using phrases like "I'm capable, I'm resourceful, I'm quick witted and gosh darn it, people like me".

Sincerely, Jack Handy.

lulz aside, I'd meditate, even 5 minutes can do a lot to quiet anxiety.
            The community here was awesome but the digs & spirit of the place has been in decline ever since it became a business venture rather than a simple collective and this latest gong show really brought the chickens home to roost.Necessity is the mother of invention, ergo: www.guitarampboard.com.So long and thanks for all the fish, love izzy.

Comment

I gotta sit in a room with 10 people pounding me .....

Job as a bukkake recipient?
              Have a listen and like my rock/stoner/thrash band Longhorn on Facebook

Comment

have a few good tokes and a zan and you'll be fine.
                ...don't forget the mint!
                60's Classic Vibe Jazz Bass
                Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass
                Acoustic B200/115
                Sansamp DI/Boss TU-3
                Marshall MGHDFX-100/a
                Digitech RP-355

Comment

10 people?! Jeez, sounds horrible.
                  DSL 50
                  Framus 2x12
                  Ibanez RG1570 - DM Breeds
                  ESP LTD EC1000 - BKP MM/CS
                  Jackson DK2L
                  MXR 10 Band EQ
                  TS9
                  ISP Decimator
                  Boss DD3
                  EHX Holy Grail
                  EHX Small Clone
                  Dunlop Crybaby

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10rdcKp317I - (Not so new) X-men Theme Vid

Originally Posted by LeftyScum4000

I have the conversational skill of a thirteen year old boy at a Dungeons and Dragons convention.

Comment

Good luck man. This sounds like what I am in for once the company I work for creates this new position.
                    Peavey ESP DiMarzio

I get my tubes from ValveQueen...you should too!!

Good Transactions

Comment

Damn, that sounds...intimidating. I have a phone "pre-interview" with an IT and software development company at 1pm. Now it doesn't seem so daunting. Thanks!

Comment

This reminds me that I need to stop reading this forum at work

Also, my interview was the same way. Had to sit at the table in a big exec room with around 10 people sitting all around me, asking me questions. It was intimidating at first, but my interviewers were really laid back. We shot the **************** for most of the interview
                        Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby

I hope some of you die and end the string of ****************ty broken families. Seriously, go shoot yourselves.

Originally Posted by OverDriven

I like a little thickness. After all, the angle of the dangle is proportionate to the cube of the boob times the mass of the ass. This, of course, doesn't take into account the sag of the bag.

Originally Posted by TornadoOfSouls

I eat at the compost heap behind planned parenthood.

Originally Posted by justcrash

The only "shocking" thing about this thread is that your username wasn't already taken.

Comment

You'll be fine. Go in there with something to say and a relaxed demeanor, don't forget to sell that ****************!
                          WTB: Got a Mesa/Boogie shorthead empty shell?

Comment

If you have confidence in yourself, you'll do fine. If you don't, it will reflect in your body language, your speech and the interviewers will see right through it.

when I interviewed for my position I'm in now, I had all the managers on the other side of the big table trying to hammer me with all kinds of obscure scenarios and how I would handle situations and I just shot them straight, no BS honest answers that reinforced MY value to THEM.

Remember that THEY selected YOU to interview because they think you can help add value to the company. Your one and ONLY job in an interview is to prove to them that they were right to invest their time speaking with you and that YOU can add more value to the company and business.
                            Guitars
                            Tokai LS150 - Sheptone Bryan Kahaek Signature pickups - Mystic Dream MM JP6 - G&L Comanche

Amps - Cabs
                            Splawn "MUFASA" Nitro - Mako MAK4 Preamp - Jet City 100H w/JJ KT66's, 22H & Pico Valve - Whitebox Engineering 2x12, PortCity OS212 - Splawn 4X12

Kemper Profiling Amp - u mad?

Visit my music page

Watch my amp demo videos on Youtube

Member of the Jet Setters

Comment

Mojo sent Tommy! You will do fine Just remember to say "Dude" and "Far out man" a lot oke:
                              'Red is positive,
                              Black is negative, and
                              Make sure his nuts are wet'

Comment

Working...
                              X