Got a job interview in an hour and I'm freakin' nervous!!

Lord ToneKing

• Members

Bring in teh Splawn and if you get stumped, jump up on the table and shred making sure stare into the eyes of each person until they have to look away from sheer intimidation. Then say "Is that enough of a reference for you?", drop your guitar, and walk out of the room.

Seriously though, good luck!

• Members

This reminds me that I need to stop reading this forum at work :o

Also, my interview was the same way. Had to sit at the table in a big exec room with around 10 people sitting all around me, asking me questions. It was intimidating at first, but my interviewers were really laid back. We shot the {censored} for most of the interview :p

• Members

If you have confidence in yourself, you'll do fine. If you don't, it will reflect in your body language, your speech and the interviewers will see right through it.

when I interviewed for my position I'm in now, I had all the managers on the other side of the big table trying to hammer me with all kinds of obscure scenarios and how I would handle situations and I just shot them straight, no BS honest answers that reinforced MY value to THEM.

Remember that THEY selected YOU to interview because they think you can help add value to the company. Your one and ONLY job in an interview is to prove to them that they were right to invest their time speaking with you and that YOU can add more value to the company and business.

• Members

I gotta sit in a room with 10 people pounding me with questions:(

I'm feeling kinda sick to my stomach...anxiety is kicking in at full force:facepalm:

try to imagine them being your friends and that you're just talking to them. They expect you to be a little nervous. If you weren't something would be wrong with you.

• Members

If the ten people are all gonna be at the other side of the table.. Pretend you're Donald Trump, and take over the interview.

Firing them, one by one.. They wont know what hit them.

And will hire you out of sheer confusion.

A fine plan indeed.

I support this product or service :thu:

• Members

HA-HA-Guy-YOURE-GONNA-DIE-.jpg

But seriously, act as if you already have the job. An interview means they're interested and if you know you have the skills for the position it's good to assume you already have it. It'll help you relax. Take your time, and it'll feel like a discussion. It's not a test..they're asking you {censored} you already know, so give them what they want.

• Members

HA-HA-Guy-YOURE-GONNA-DIE-.jpg

But seriously, act as if you already have the job. An interview means they're interested and if you know you have the skills for the position it's good to assume you already have it. It'll help you relax. Take your time, and it'll feel like a discussion. It's not a test..they're asking you {censored} you already know, so give them what they want.

lulz.

But yes, what you said. Don't act desperate and just show confidence, but be willing to be honest when you don't know something and use that weakness as a strength.

PS Good luck!

PSS Job interviews start to lose their "luster" after you've done a few.

• Members

Ah...and now for the greatest trick ever:

Beta blockers

Take one of these and it essentially kills the physical symptoms associated with stress, anxiety, fear, etc. I'm prone to anxiety issues, so I take a 40 mg Inderal before a big meeting/job interview and there's no more shaky voice, sweating, etc. It doesn't necessarily change your mental state...just the physical symptoms that give you away.

Good stuff :thu:

Archived