is a peavey mace head worth a crap?

getglockd

• Members

Back when I lived in Utah, there was a local punk band we played a lot of shows with, whose guitarist used a Mace. I doubt you're going for the same tone he was, but he sounded amazing. He ran a cheap-ass Danelectro through it and got some incredible glassy/twangy overdrive sounds. Very Dead Kennedys-esque. He stomped on an overdrive pedal to kick it into full-on distortion, but mostly he just used volume and the amp's avalable grit. The thing sounded monstrous at high volume.

• Members

i gotta figure it's at least semi-awesome with 6 6L6s and 160 watts of whoopass.

I used to gig with the old Peavey Classic combos (212 and 410) that had solid state preamps and 6L6 power amps. The preamps were worthless for what I was doing, but sounded great with pedals. I sold both and can't remember why. The Classic 410 in particular was perfect for gigs with an overdrive/distortion and EQ in front.

• Members

I used to gig with the old Peavey Classic combos (212 and 410) that had solid state preamps and 6L6 power amps. The preamps were worthless for what I was doing, but sounded great with pedals. I sold both and can't remember why. The Classic 410 in particular was perfect for gigs with an overdrive/distortion and EQ in front.

i'm thinking about just getting it to use in conjunction with my DST-4

Archived