Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is a peavey mace head worth a crap?

just as a sort of slave power amp and/or pedals only head?

Vox AC30/6 TBX -- Celestion Blues & Greenbacks -- Strats and Teles -- MSD Silver Machine/Pigtronix Mothership w/expression pedal/Fulltone OCD/Boss SD-1 w/Monte Allums GT mod/Boss HM-2/WMD Geiger Counter/Digitech Synth Wah/EXH Stereo Pulsar/Eventide Timefactor/EHX Cathedral

Good deals with: |||, coryaedwards, Voltaire, chris_d, The_Tourist, hvymtl939, ffemt596, GCDEF, pbone, Marc Duchesne, MetalHed (x2), Dark Angel, and various others.

http://www.republicofgarda.com

Comment

Ask Lynard Skynard.
      Bill Lawrence custom Strat
      Ibanez Artcore AS-73 (Member Ibanez Art Corps)
      1991 Peavey Classic 50 2x12 Tweed

Comment

One More From The Road is all Mace.
        Originally Posted By Trace-P38
        Flogger wins.

Originally Posted by Uma Floresta View Post
        Because we floggers won the music war some time ago.

Originally Posted by Mike Riley View Post
        Preaching to the choir Rush in on a whole different level to quote a movie You might listen to Rush but you cant here Rush

http://www.box.net/shared/x85lhnst14

Comment

Back when I lived in Utah, there was a local punk band we played a lot of shows with, whose guitarist used a Mace. I doubt you're going for the same tone he was, but he sounded amazing. He ran a cheap-ass Danelectro through it and got some incredible glassy/twangy overdrive sounds. Very Dead Kennedys-esque. He stomped on an overdrive pedal to kick it into full-on distortion, but mostly he just used volume and the amp's avalable grit. The thing sounded monstrous at high volume.

Comment

how big a crap are we talking about, like 3 times around the bowl thick as your wrist?
            The community here was awesome but the digs & spirit of the place has been in decline ever since it became a business venture rather than a simple collective and this latest gong show really brought the chickens home to roost.Necessity is the mother of invention, ergo: www.guitarampboard.com.So long and thanks for all the fish, love izzy.

Comment

how big a crap are we talking about, like 3 times around the bowl thick as your wrist?

i gotta figure it's at least semi-awesome with 6 6L6s and 160 watts of whoopass.

Comment

Ask Lynard Skynard.

Is that a Skynyrd coverband?

Comment

i gotta figure it's at least semi-awesome with 6 6L6s and 160 watts of whoopass.

I used to gig with the old Peavey Classic combos (212 and 410) that had solid state preamps and 6L6 power amps. The preamps were worthless for what I was doing, but sounded great with pedals. I sold both and can't remember why. The Classic 410 in particular was perfect for gigs with an overdrive/distortion and EQ in front.
                  Originally Posted by Captain_howdy

^^ this guy just said "lard tsunami".

UNDER EDEN: The Science of Self-Defeat at CD Baby - / - Facebook - / - Official Website - / - My Blog: Extreme Metal Musician

Member of the Jackson/Charvel Army
                  ----------------------------------
                  Jackson Guitars - ART Preamps & EQs - Peavey & Carvin Amps - Rocktron, Tech 21 NYC & EHX Effects

Comment

I never got to play it, as he sold it before I ever picked up guitar, but my dad had both a mace and a deuce, and really liked them both...
                    GIBSON | PRS | SQUIER | EPIPHONE | BLACKSTAR | PEAVEY | MARSHALL | JET CITY | CRATE (ZOMG!!!)

The Band

Good Transactions

Originally Posted by Ovid9

I thought it was more the fact your walls were covered in pictures of skinny guys with long hair.

How did you fap in a room like that?

Proud owner of the first NAD of the new HC

Comment

I used to gig with the old Peavey Classic combos (212 and 410) that had solid state preamps and 6L6 power amps. The preamps were worthless for what I was doing, but sounded great with pedals. I sold both and can't remember why. The Classic 410 in particular was perfect for gigs with an overdrive/distortion and EQ in front.

i'm thinking about just getting it to use in conjunction with my DST-4

Comment

i'm thinking about just getting it to use in conjunction with my DST-4

I can't see how that wouldn't work well, if the amp has an effects loop.
                        GIBSON | PRS | SQUIER | EPIPHONE | BLACKSTAR | PEAVEY | MARSHALL | JET CITY | CRATE (ZOMG!!!)

The Band

Good Transactions

Originally Posted by Ovid9

I thought it was more the fact your walls were covered in pictures of skinny guys with long hair.

How did you fap in a room like that?

Proud owner of the first NAD of the new HC

Comment

I can't see how that wouldn't work well, if the amp has an effects loop.

i think that's this "power amp in" deal

Comment

Working...
                          X