No announcement yet.

To the Guys That Say..."the audience doesn't give a crap about your tone"

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To the Guys That Say..."the audience doesn't give a crap about your tone"

Why is it that YOU care so much about your tone then?

Why do you spend countless hours, days, weeks, months and years obsessing over gear in search for your ultimate ideal tone?

The crowd doesn't give a **************** anyways, right?oke:

Why not just save thousands of dollars, pick up a Line 6 spider, rock out at your gig then look back and smile knowing your rig (minus your guitar) only costed you less than a grand total?

Imagine all that extra time and money you could have. A lot more time to practice.

Hell you could spend all that extra money on much needed lessons if you had to oke:
    Good transactions: Metalcore5150, Shiny_Surface, Cyndicate (2x), putnut77, Erock503, Joejpiano, guitar_manic, BrokenFusion, rbasaria, guitarslinger

VERY GOOD, VERY GOOD!

i think most people that say that do not spend a lot of time worrying about their gear. thats the point.

they dont, you do, and it doesnt make you a better player.

Comment

In?
      Current Gear
      ESP/Fender >> Blackstar/Randall >> Randall/Mesa

Tully's Shop - Excellent Luthier work and Custom Guitars in the Chicago area

Comment

i honestly dont worry. my rig sounds completely different from stage to stage, so ive learned to just do the 7/3/7 t/m/b and be happy and rock out.

Comment

honestly, I could care less if anyone else likes my tone, I spend the cash to be inspired, some amps are inspiring, others are not. simple.

Comment

Madison Square Basement house bands seem to really care.
            Scott

To speak with,

Peter Diezel
            Jorg Bogner amps
            John Suhr
            Dave Friedman Racksystems LTD
            Bruce Egnater
            Gutierrez Guitars
            Ed Degenaro THD Amps
            Trace VooDoo Amps
            Mike Fortin from Fortin Amps

Go to www.rig-talk.com

Never heard you play.....don't care about your review.

Originally posted by Ed DeGenaro

But the bottomline is the same, crap player and 5000$ amp is no different than an ugly chick spending a ton on make-up. It ain't going to be pretty.

Comment

and lets face it, anyone thats actually played a club knows the sound guys is more in control of your tone anyway lol

Comment

I don't think an audience CARES, but I do think an audience can be FOOLED by good tone into thinking you are a good guitar player.

The Edge comes to mind. Non-musicians probably think he's some sort of guitar god because of the sound coming out of his amp. And he's just playing 2 chords back and forth.
                "I don't want to be immortalized through my work. I want to be immortalized by not dying." Woody Allen

Comment

Because if I like my tone, I play better. Plain and simple.
                  There is no order in the world, save what death has put there.

Billows
                  Fender::Matamp::Acoustic

Comment

I don't think an audience CARES, but I do think an audience can be FOOLED by good tone into thinking you are a good guitar player.

The Edge comes to mind. Non-musicians probably think he's some sort of guitar god because of the sound coming out of his amp. And he's just playing 2 chords back and forth.

i didnt think anyone but non musicians listened to u2

Comment

it either sounds good or it doesn't.
                      - Adam

Comment

I don't care what anyone says about the crowd and how they think...

I remember clearly being younger and putting on metal albums that I hated because the guitars sounded ****************ty. This was before I even played guitar at all. Seeing bad tone live made it excruciating as well.

Good tone is important and bad tone + production can ruin a great song.

Comment

Hey, speak for yourself. My audience cares a lot about my sound. I've got guys like Page, Beck, Clapton at my shows
                          MFPOMFS

♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♪ ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪ ♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪ ♫♪♫♪♫♪

Comment

**************** the audience, I give a **************** about my tone, and when it's not right, it can be hard as hell to give your best performance. When the stars align and your tone is RIGHT, the audience WILL care, even if they don't understand why, when your tone pushes and inspires you to play your best.

They'll also care if your tone is too piercing and/or loud/painful to be near!
                            Member of the Mesa/Boogie Mob m/m/

Uses & abuses: Mesa/Fender/Charvel/Jackson/Gibson/every pedal ever created.

Good deals: The Rossness, Laura the Valve Queen

Mustaine-Who? is a scammer, avoid this prick like the PLAGUE!

Originally Posted by Ron Burgandy

So in conclusion, if you like pussy then you like Strats. If you don't like Strats, it's because you secretly don't like pussy.

Originally Posted by NaturalBornBoy

Sheikpwnt

Originally Posted by Murdoch

We like to think of it as you leaving a foot-wide trail of fishy-smelling sand wherever you go.

Comment

When I plug in and love the tone, it makes me want to play more and just makes me happy.

**************** tone makes me want to punch a pregnant lady in the stomach.

Comment

Working...
                              X