Bugera V22 Or Jet City 20 Watt Combo?

Pincookie1

• Members

Scroogle (anonymous Google usage) is your friend!

True story. I hate making decisions. Its not for lack of research that I am struggling really, I just suck at making decisions. I only get myself gear once a year or so. I don't gig like I used to, so Its hard to justify buying a bunch of stuff to take up space. sigh...

• Members

Guessing by your avatar I would say you play rhythm/blues and other stuff relative to that. If that's the case you'll much prefer the V22.

The Jet City is a GREAT Amp! It's very well built and just screams ROCK!

For versatility, real blues tones and "older" rock the V22 just can't be beat in this price range. Do be aware though, the Bugera does have a problem with the footswitch circuit. This hasn't been sorted out by Bugera (Behringer) yet. Still, with this flaw this amp remains a real tone machine for the rhythm/blues crowd.

The Jet City offers a superb more modern rock sound.

You really can't go wrong with either amp so it comes down to what music you play.

• Members

Guessing by your avatar I would say you play rhythm/blues and other stuff relative to that. If that's the case you'll much prefer the V22.

The Jet City is a GREAT Amp! It's very well built and just screams ROCK!

For versatility, real blues tones and "older" rock the V22 just can't be beat in this price range. Do be aware though, the Bugera does have a problem with the footswitch circuit. This hasn't been sorted out by Bugera (Behringer) yet. Still, with this flaw this amp remains a real tone machine for the rhythm/blues crowd.

The Jet City offers a superb more modern rock sound.

You really can't go wrong with either amp so it comes down to what music you play.

Yeah, I lean towards blues, and rock. I have a hot rod deluxe * way too loud to use in man cave* and a valve junior. The Valve junior is a nice toy, but the 8 inch speaker and gain aren't the sound I am looking for. The HRD is great with a keeley modded ts9 in front, but only with ridiculous volume levels can I get the sound I want. Guitar Center is running 15 percent off purchases of 300 or more, so the V22 would be 300 bucks. I might just pull the trigger, and send it back if its defective like some I have read about.

• 11 months later...
  • Members

If I were you I get the Jet City 20 Watt Combo and tweak the EQ settings on the amp. I was thinking about getting the Bugera V5 but when I tried one out at a Guitar Center over year ago it sounded like pure sh*t. I tried a Gibson SG Special Faded through one and it sounded muddy and no good highs or even mids. When I tried it through a Fender Vibro and SuperChamp XD it sounded bright and clear. I agree with the other poster who prefers the Fender Champion XD over both but I prefer British voiced amps so I am going with the Jet City 20 Watt Combo.

Archived