VHT Deliverance settings...

NinjaRaf

• Members

...give me some settings guys, cuz I am having a real hard time getting a tone I like out of this amp... :cry:

I am very disappointed with it so far. Doesnt seem to be what I am looking for at all. I like the simplicity and the 1 channel and all that, but the sound is striking me as VERY marshally...idk...maybe my ears are broken, but Im not liking it...

Videos are uploading...if they actually upload, I will post them tonight, if not, then tomorrow...

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Start everything at twelve o'clock and tweak from there, most people seem to leave it there, also volume, volume, volume, if you can't turn it up you might have to boost it for now. It should sound nothing like a Marshal! I still can't decide if I like my Savage 120 or Deliverance 120 better!

• Members

Thats where I started...Ive been fudging with it since I got home around 6...and Im just struggling with it. I feel like its not as tight as every one has been saying...and the low end seems very flubby to me...

Volume will fix that, though mine is still pretty tight at low volumes, maybe you just gotta break it in a bit. I'm not sure that i have played an amp that was more affected in a positive way by turning it up, every amp is like that a bit but this thing loves volume, it will get thicker and have more gain with the volume up also.

• Members

I had the volume around noon for a bit while testing it out...still the same sound...
:(

WOAH. There should be a fishkill in a nearby body of water from that. I didnt think mine had a flubby low end at all :( I wonder if the bias might be borked or something?

• Members

I had the SAME experience with the VHT sig:x. Frankly its NOTHING like their other amps. I really just don't like them at all.

Unfortunately IMO there are no magic settings, they sound great clean, they sound ok inbetween, but they do not do that famous signature VHT high gain roar. It just sounds harsh messy and muddy. Even when you crank it to the point where kittens die.

I also had a 50cl, and that is probably much more of what you are looking for. It didn't quite have enough gain for me, and that is a common experience.

For the true VHT sound you want either an ultralead or CLX. CLX is my personal fave.

They no longer make the Classic 100 R.

That amp... was the best amp ever made. I saw one on ebay recently and simply did not have the funds.... and i still regret not putting myself into debt and getting it anyways.

That amp is sex.

~mike~

• Members

Thanks for chiming in guys. I think it might just not be for me. Could be tubes, but I definitely cant be spending a few hundred on new tubes for it if I dont like it right now...Not 100% sure what Im gonna do, but Im pretty sure Im gonna try to trade it for a dorado, or sell it if I get an offer close to what I paid. Really disappointed. :cry:

• Members

I'll check when I get home but I THINK this is how mine is dialed in ...

Both gains: 1:00

Switch: More

Treble: OFF!!!

Mids: Noon

Bass: 1:00

Presence: 11:00

Depth: 12:30

Other than the Bass and Depth, this is very close to how I have mine set :thu: (I have mine significantly lower).

Also, a TS in front for some extra saturation helps, as do P50Es and using the right guitar and pickup(s). Hell, even the cable makes a difference.

rbasaria, what kind of guitar and pickups are you using?

I found early on that using the wrong combination of guitar/pickup/speaker/cable can make the Deliverance one of my least favorite-sounding amps, but using the right combination and right settings makes it one of my favorites.

• Members

Other than the Bass and Depth, this is very close to how I have mine set
:thu:
(I have mine significantly lower).

Also, a TS in front for some extra saturation helps, as do P50Es and using the right guitar and pickup(s). Hell, even the cable makes a difference.

rbasaria, what kind of guitar and pickups are you using?

The Fattbottom cab REALLY brought my CLX to life.

• Members

Thanks for chiming in guys. I think it might just not be for me. Could be tubes, but I definitely cant be spending a few hundred on new tubes for it if I dont like it right now...Not 100% sure what Im gonna do, but Im pretty sure Im gonna try to trade it for a dorado, or sell it if I get an offer close to what I paid. Really disappointed.
:cry:

Now you have learned why you shouldnt get so caught up in GAS on the forum ;)

Archived