Peavey Bravo 112

Pincookie1

• Members

Last week a couple friends and I got together to jam a bit. I took my hrd and various pedals to produce ultimate tonez. My buddy had a Peavey that appeared to be a Bandit. I teased him relentlessly for the whole evening, and departed feeling far superior to him.

This week I didn't feel like lugging and amp, so he said he would play bass and I could use his amp. I died a little inside, but I agreed.

I am an asshole. The bravo really sounded quite nice with my strat. Lots of useable sounds. He got it for like 50 bucks. I felt like a chump. He just didn't dial a sound in at all. I was very impressed with the amount of gain available. Anyone else ever get surprised by this ugly Bandit look alike? :eek:

• Members

Last week a couple friends and I got together to jam a bit. I took my hrd and various pedals to produce ultimate tonez. My buddy had a Peavey that appeared to be a Bandit. I teased him relentlessly for the whole evening, and departed feeling far superior to him.

This week I didn't feel like lugging and amp, so he said he would play bass and I could use his amp. I died a little inside, but I agreed.

I am an asshole. The bravo really sounded quite nice with my strat. Lots of useable sounds. He got it for like 50 bucks. I felt like a chump. He just didn't dial a sound in at all. I was very impressed with the amount of gain available. Anyone else ever get surprised by this ugly Bandit look alike?
:eek:

I can't believe I was stupid enough to sell the first one I had :facepalm:

Luckily, I was able to obtain a second for the same price as the first: $100

Both times it was sold as a "solid state" amp. :whisper: I don't mind that part being a secret to most of the world.

• Members

I can't believe I was stupid enough to sell the first one I had
:facepalm:
Luckily, I was able to obtain a second for the same price as the first: $100

Both times it was sold as a "solid state" amp.
:whisper:
I don't mind that part being a secret to most of the world.

I couldn't believe it. It really made me feel like a noob.

• Members

Congrats! Another person fooled by the "solid-state wannabe" all-tube Bravo! :D

Sometimes I wonder if Peavey back in the day "hid" the tubes on purpose not so much to protect them inside the chassis, but the fool the masses thinking it was a solid-state amp? :D The world will probably never know for sure...

The Bravo's a great little tube amp, I've thought many times of picking one up for practice around the house with it. A real sleeper of an amp.

• Members

One of the best kep secrets of the amp world. I have one, bought another and gave it to my brother. It's basically the preamp from the Ultra 60/120, but with an EL84 based power section. The reverb isn't tube driven, but the preamp and power section are all tube.

Peavey made a lot of amps that look just like it, so people often mistake them for some other piece of crap that Peavey sold from the same era, which is a big mistake. The stock speaker is crap, but I replaced mine with an Eminence Texas Heat and it friggin' rips. Through a good cab, it'll turn heads.

Archived