Laney AOR 30 combo

reddt1

• Members

I just picked one up last week. Mine is the version with the 12" speaker (stock Fane). So far I'm digging it. Two 6V6's in the power section. It's pretty damn loud when cranked, and I'm sure it will really kick ass with a new speaker. (Recommendations anyone?)

It's got a bit of a JCM800ish vibe. I managed to snag it for $150. I usually see them in the $250-350 price range.

• Members

I had one, liked the fane speaker.

I put some 12AT7s in it to tame some of the gain and the fizz.

Wish I had it back.
:(

The gain in any of the AOR amps does get what I would call 'wooly' as you turn it up. The solution to this is to use a tubescreamer variant as a boost with the Level=10 Tone=5 Drive=0 settings, and you can keep the AOR's gain knob pretty low but get plenty of gain without the wooliness/fizz.

• Members

The gain in any of the AOR amps does get what I would call 'wooly' as you turn it up. The solution to this is to use a tubescreamer variant as a boost with the Level=10 Tone=5 Drive=0 settings, and you can keep the AOR's gain knob pretty low but get plenty of gain without the wooliness/fizz.

+1, I find this to be true with a lot of master volume amps. They seem to have a {censored}load of gain on tap but past about 50% is unusable. Keep the gain down and hit it with a OD set for clean boost.

• Members

I just picked one up last week. Mine is the version with the 12" speaker (stock Fane). So far I'm digging it. Two 6V6's in the power section. It's pretty damn loud when cranked, and I'm sure it will really kick ass with a new speaker. (Recommendations anyone?)

It's got a bit of a JCM800ish vibe. I managed to snag it for $150. I usually see them in the $250-350 price range.

I also just picked one up last week for $150.00. :)

I don't know what speaker is in mine. There is no label on it.:confused: Just some numbers stamped on it. Mine has Selectron 6V6's and there is no labeling on the preamp tubes.

Archived