Orange Tiny Terror and Distortion pedals

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orange Tiny Terror and Distortion pedals

Hi Guys

More advice needed. I have an Orange Tiny Terror which is awesome sounding but limited . I need to have at least 2 Stages of gain for the covers band i currently play in and at the moment my current set up isnt working.

Im playing with the gain at about 12 o'clock so its a dirty clean signal , then trying to boost up to big high gain distortion sounds by feeding either a Boss blues driver , a Boss Heavy metal 2 or a EHX Nano muff into it . So far bad fuzzy results .They dont seem to feed into each other right and im getting a muddy sound .

What I need is ideas on what could work , ie settings or if just a better quality pedal is needed and some examples.

thanks for any advice given , you guys are normally pretty cool!

Andy

Use the Blues Driver if your gonna boost gain. I've heard that it's a very transparent overdrive. The HM-2 and the Nano muff are nothing but buzz crap.
    Originally Posted by metalhobo

A real guitar player can get wah tone just with his hands

Originally Posted by Crimson_Raven

I use the weeping demon, by Ibanez. And trust me, it gets sounds that no one's hands can make... in fact that statement seems a little loaded... I mean getting a slight "wah" sound with a bend or pick attach is possible, but you cant replicate a full-bore wah-pedal effect with your fingers... nor use your fingers and foot simultaneously without a wah pedal... unless your fingers are actually signal filters. In which case... bravo.

Comment

Well have tried with the blues drive , it doesnt give it enough saturation for songs like feeder, blink 182 ect . Any ideas?

Comment

Try an MXR Wylde
        www.sachanovak.com -------------------------------------
        PRS Custom 24 * Fender S.E. Silverburst Tele * Ibanez RGA7 * Fender Am Std Strat * Washburn X 50PRO
        Diezel Einstein * Randall RM22
        Matamp 2x12 Custom Matamp "Black" cab * VHT 1x12 Pitbull cab
        -------------------------------------
        Good deals with: Parka Dez, Ancient Mariner, daysofspeed, bennyg85, dangerous dan, The P-Man, satannica

Comment

Nice , thats very cool . Any other ideas for me guys?

Comment

I would recommend a treble bleed on your volume pot....then just run the tiny terror at full gain, and get the lower gain sounds using your volume pot.

This is the way I use mine.

Comment

Thats an idea , but i play a Micheal kelly les paul copy and the volume knob is very low down , but im gonna try it at band practice.

Has anyone ever got a tiny terror and pedals to work side by side?

Comment

NOT a cheap solution - but the Barber Tone Pump or Dirty Bomb may work for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCfC1PvTrIU
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDbCt35dbWU

There is also the Fulltone OCD and the Radial distortion boxes like this one (there are several others) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iflsc4uMGww
                Ita Erat Quando Hic Adveni
                I play guitar, bass and drums with equal enthusiasm and lack of skill.

"Never attribute to malice, those things which are adequately explained by stupidity." - Hanlon's Razor

Comment

Working...
                X