ATTN cover band line6 modeler users

mcr23

• Members

What does it really matter in a cover band situation. I don't think the drunk girl dancing to mustang sally for the millionth time can tell a diverence what amp your using.

because almost every time I hear a cover band the guitarist or guitarists are playing these sonic abominations and their tone sounds like refugee camps smell. :poke:

I happened again last night.

• Members

I mean this was a band that plays around the area a lot, so it wasn't as if they were a start-up cover band.

Buy some decnt gear. Buy it used, who cares; just drop the crap gear. A used DSL and a Avatar 212 would have made those guitarists sound immensely better for not much $$.

:idk:

• Members

Funny thing about generalizations is that they are always full of fail!

I used to play a Line6 HD147 for original heavy music and there was nothing shrill asout the tone I was using. For covers I always use an old tube amp made before they started making those god aweful high gain amps :poke: Even master volume is an abomination.

Max

• Members
Funny thing about generalizations is that they are always full of fail!

I used to play a Line6 HD147 for original heavy music and there was nothing shrill asout the tone I was using. For covers I always use an old tube amp made before they started making those god aweful high gain amps :poke: Even master volume is an abomination.

Max

As one Mr. Ron B. would put it: Your ears are broke. :wave:

• Members

As one Mr. Ron B. would put it: Your ears are broke.
:wave:

It's all about the people using said amps. If you have guys who play out with tube rigs, it's a given that they have tone on their mind, so yeah, it probably will sound better than the guy who uses a quick and easy digital deal. That doesn't mean one should leap to the conclusion that the Line 6 stuff is not capable of delivering live.

• Members
Funny thing is , my vetta worked out way better live than my snax fx ultra.

My HD147 also worked out better than my Snax.

But that's because I don't have a snax.:cry:

Never had any problems cutting through, and "muffled" isn't really what I'd have called the HD147 either...

However, I thought the Line6 "Vetta" cabs sucked.

Archived