PETITION - Keep Legacy 1.0 open

Engl Kramer

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Signed

Scuzzo D Clown..

but there are places on line you can put a petition together.. for a more formal kinda affect... im not sure how you go about it... but some i have seen a few floating about on the Web..

• Members

I am curious, could vbulletin (or whatever this site runs on) be written as a customized internet thing (I don't know the correct terminology), written specifically to what the owners (and users) of hc want ? I see some persons say go with 4.0 (if that would solve the problems). Could the application that runs this entire harmony central site be written to address what harmony central wants as well as the people that use and frequent this place ? Are what "we" want and what the owners of hc want actually possible to produce in a "bulletin board" ?

I don't know but it seems to me that that jive thing is just ... well it's not good.

Are it the hc administrators and techs that maintain whatever runs this place incompetent ? They don't know how to do whatever it takes to make it work right or is it more complicated than that ?

I like this place, hate 2.0 (for the most part). I think others feel the same. Is it that difficult to write something that works ?

Did the hc people know that 2.0 was going to be such a disaster ? Do they even care ?

Seems to me that some programmer could rewrite vbulletin to do what the hc people want it to do, as well as the people that come here (well, used to come here).

Closing the barn door after the horses escape does not make them come back.

• Members

I am curious, could vbulletin (or whatever this site runs on) be written as a customized internet thing (I don't know the correct terminology), written specifically to what the owners (and users) of hc want ? I see some persons say go with 4.0 (if that would solve the problems). Could the application that runs this entire harmony central site be written to address what harmony central wants as well as the people that use and frequent this place ? Are what "we" want and what the owners of hc want actually possible to produce in a "bulletin board" ?

I don't know but it seems to me that that jive thing is just ... well it's not good.

Are it the hc administrators and techs that maintain whatever runs this place incompetent ? They don't know how to do whatever it takes to make it work right or is it more complicated than that ?

I like this place, hate 2.0 (for the most part). I think others feel the same. Is it that difficult to write something that works ?

Did the hc people know that 2.0 was going to be such a disaster ? Do they even care ?

Seems to me that some programmer could rewrite vbulletin to do what the hc people want it to do, as well as the people that come here (well, used to come here).

Closing the barn door after the horses escape does not make them come back.

Following your analogy, the Jive 2.0 site is like a cavernous, shiny new barn that the farmer spent a small fortune to have built. Some of the horses like the new barn even though it has problems with electrical, and it smells funny (some horses don't like that new smell). Sure the farmer could have spent his money fixing up the old barn (vBull 4), but it would have still been the old barn...I see no hope that the farmer is going to spend a nickel on the old place now. But thankfully since the new barn has issues, the farmer opted to leave the old barn door open while they work on the new one. And a few of us have found our way here. This petition is from the horses who would like to keep hanging out in the familiar surroundings at least until that new smell wears off in the shiny barn. Unfortunately a few horses feel so strongly that the new barn is the only way to go that they act like jackasses trying to prove they are right, and not many want to spend time in there.

Animals are funny that way.

• Members

just a though this forum is more then the electric guitar area..

so perhaps we should circulate it to the other high traffic areas too?

Amps

Acoustic

i guess all of them.. its a way of getting the numbers up and at least its a way of display... and any thing is better then nothing..

awell.. bump,,,

and you...

and you over there...

peace..

• Members

just a though this forum is more then the electric guitar area..

so perhaps we should circulate it to the other high traffic areas too?

Amps

Acoustic

i guess all of them.. its a way of getting the numbers up and at least its a way of display... and any thing is better then nothing..

awell.. bump,,,

and you...

and you over there...

peace..

Good point.

I'll take a look when I'm at work tomorrow and do some posting.

Thanks for the suggestion.:)

Archived