I miss The Dave Chappelle Show

boatshoes

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I just keep watchin' the DVDs. Kinda like Arrested Development. Last thing I recall him doing was that "Dave Chappelle's Block Party" movie-thingum. Didn't see though. The previews made it look more like a rally than anything... :o

• Members

The Wayne Brady Skit will go down in my funniest tv moments Hall Of Fame. I still laugh my ass off when I see that.

Run Bitch run!

wayne brady was epic. :thu:

and all the charlie murphy stories were too.

Real World was {censored}ing funny too.

• Members

If you watch the uncut interviews with Rick James and without the audience laughter, it's actually kinda sad. The dude is barely coherent and has a hard time with sentences. It def wasn't an act how he was being, haha.

• Members

So many great moments on that show. Just too many to list, because once I start I remember dozens of equally hilarious bits. They play it here in Chicago on a local channel every Sunday night and every Monday my helper and I laugh our asses off as we talk about the episodes on the job site..

• Members

That show was a one of televisions last gems for me. My friends and I still to this day will quote that show for indefinite amounts of time.

this.

and if i make new friends who dont know wtf im talking about, i will pop in season 2 and make them watch it till they can finish the quotes with me lol. his comedy is {censored}in crack.

• Members

I will never forget the first time it aired in Comedy Central. That skit with the KKK bit I was so sure he'd get a lot of flak, but it made him much more in demand.

Still hoping he can continue on to a different network. I don't know why HBO hasn't approached him when he was having 'troubles'.

• Members

Amazing show. I was in college when it first aired, and during the initial showing of the Wayne Brady episode we were running up and down the hall at the commercial breaks telling people they had to watch it until finally our entire hall had our doors open, TVs on full blast, all watching, people running between rooms.

For me it is one of the very few TV moments that actually transcended passive watching and became an experience.

• Members

I will never forget the first time it aired in Comedy Central. That skit with the KKK bit I was so sure he'd get a lot of flak, but it made him much more in demand.

Still hoping he can continue on to a different network. I don't know why HBO hasn't approached him when he was having 'troubles'.

his troubles werent monetary, they were mental. he was crushed under the weight of his popularity.

• Members

Amazing show. I was in college when it first aired, and during the initial showing of the Wayne Brady episode we were running up and down the hall at the commercial breaks telling people they had to watch it until finally our entire hall had our doors open, TVs on full blast, all watching, people running between rooms.

For me it is one of the very few TV moments that actually transcended passive watching and became an experience.

is wayne brady gonna have to choke a bitch?

i cant believe i am gonna have to get out this car and choke a bitch.

• Members

his troubles werent monetary, they were mental. he was crushed under the weight of his popularity.

The week after the whole African rehab episode of his, I saw his standup routine here in Irvine at the Improv. He did kinda acted paranoid when we saw him as we were getting in line, he was polite nonetheless.

He cited personnel changes as his show got bigger. I don't see how it could've been any different if he went to HBO, unless they didn't wanna pay his asking price.

In any case, his show is truly a classic. I never get tired watching it, especially the R. Kelly "Piss On You" songs.:lol::lol::lol:

Archived