Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender Supersonic 22 watt now available

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Fender-Super-Sonic-22-22W-1x12-Tube-Guitar-Combo-Amp-430759-i1537827.gc

Review swiped from another site:

I beta test for Fender. I had the amp about a year ago.This amp is a game changer. For the money,nothing comes close to what this amp is capable of.

This amp breathes fire. Stellar tube tone, varities of tones, and great spring reverb. IMHO its a Delux reverb with extended capabilities.

I personally like God tone at low volume. I specifically sold my Carr Mercury cause the low volume tones were too weak or too loud and the 1/10th watt was transister radio tin tone too me. Not the Super Sonic 22. Great tone a low volume. And it carries that theme at any volume.

I just read GC's bio on it;really no exaggeration. I can't see any amp at this baby's price point that can compete with this. As far as point to point tone in comparison; this baby has crossed that bridge.
    This is an amp that can be your one amp, it will suit all of your needs and situations. With certain pedals and this amps own tone capabilities, again any ground is covered. It gets other popular tones on its own too, not just Fender. A performing, teaching, homebody, type guy can keep this as their only amp. Seriously, nothing compares. And at the end of the day, you have a great amp and quintessential Fender Tube tone as you anchor. All of the testers were blown away and tumbled down the road with this one!
    Good dealings: Lawton, outkastin2g, jshaft37, radonballoon, grygrx, bengerm77, roodog, 7PlaGues, JimboJ

I work for Fender

[COLOR="White"]..

No but seriously, sounds cool.
    Originally Posted by Sixtonoize

It's cool...you don't have to have any idea what you're talking about to post here.

It's alright.

Originally Posted by Wizard of Ozz

I've owned at least 50 Marshalls...

Comment

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Fender-Super-Sonic-22-22W-1x12-Tube-Guitar-Combo-Amp-430759-i1537827.gc

Review swiped from another site:

I beta test for Fender. I had the amp about a year ago.This amp is a game changer. For the money,nothing comes close to what this amp is capable of.

This amp breathes fire. Stellar tube tone, varities of tones, and great spring reverb. IMHO its a Delux reverb with extended capabilities.

I personally like God tone at low volume. I specifically sold my Carr Mercury cause the low volume tones were too weak or too loud and the 1/10th watt was transister radio tin tone too me. Not the Super Sonic 22. Great tone a low volume. And it carries that theme at any volume.

I just read GC's bio on it;really no exaggeration. I can't see any amp at this baby's price point that can compete with this. As far as point to point tone in comparison; this baby has crossed that bridge.
      This is an amp that can be your one amp, it will suit all of your needs and situations. With certain pedals and this amps own tone capabilities, again any ground is covered. It gets other popular tones on its own too, not just Fender. A performing, teaching, homebody, type guy can keep this as their only amp. Seriously, nothing compares. And at the end of the day, you have a great amp and quintessential Fender Tube tone as you anchor. All of the testers were blown away and tumbled down the road with this one!

Meh. They said similar things about the big SuperSonic when it came out, too. Guess what? It pretty much sounded like ****************. For $1000 you can get a nice SF Deluxe and a couple of dirt pedals and have the real thing. Fender hasn't built an amp that's been worth a damn out of the box in several decades. The Rivera stuff and the early 90's high end stuff might be the last worthwhile amps they've made.

The Vibro-Champ and Super-Champ models are passable, but these big expensive amps have, in my experience, been giant, flaming balls of ****************. Piss-poor build quality, terrible tubes and speakers, and sharp, brittle voicing.

Do not want.

Comment

In fairness, I believe the OP says "review swiped from another site".
        Originally Posted by Aibric

I've seen goatse so many times that it long ago lost its shock value. Now its kind of nostalgic. I see it and think of those bygone days when seeing a man spread his own anus impossibly wide disturbed me to the core.

F e n d e r || P R S || P e t e r s || B u d d a

Comment

Meh. They said similar things about the big SuperSonic when it came out, too. Guess what? It pretty much sounded like ****************. For $1000 you can get a nice SF Deluxe and a couple of dirt pedals and have the real thing. Fender hasn't built an amp that's been worth a damn out of the box in several decades. The Rivera stuff and the early 90's high end stuff might be the last worthwhile amps they've made.

The Vibro-Champ and Super-Champ models are passable, but these big expensive amps have, in my experience, been giant, flaming balls of ****************. Piss-poor build quality, terrible tubes and speakers, and sharp, brittle voicing.

Do not want.

whaa? i dunno about you, but i haven't had gigantic issues with the reissues. not that i OWN one-- but i've played the deluxes and twins, and not had issues.

the only issue i had with some of their speakers were v30's (in particular the supersonic). but that'd pretty much explain sharp, brittle voicing in and of itself.

Comment

I don't work for Fender or any music gear company. I just swiped the review from another forum as it's probably the first one.
            Good dealings: Lawton, outkastin2g, jshaft37, radonballoon, grygrx, bengerm77, roodog, 7PlaGues, JimboJ

Comment

Pretty cool!

I dig the Supersonic.
              PROLETARIAT

Originally Posted by Norton666

Man , Ive held off replying to any Klops threads because its kind of like the sweet , naive retarded kid down the street who is out putting in hours on his pogo stick every single night with dreams of someday going pro . You have to admire his ambition and determination , but at some point , he will realize he is retarded and there isnt a pro pogo stick league. I just dont wanna be the guy to tell him . Wait...............

Comment

interesting
                '12 Carvin DC800
                '08 Loomis FR EMG 707's
                ---
                Splawn Quickrod EL34's (Purple)
                AxeFX Ultra
                ART SLA-2

http://www.youtube.com/aconstantbattle
                ---
                Super Sexy Splawn Society

Comment

whaa? i dunno about you, but i haven't had gigantic issues with the reissues. not that i OWN one-- but i've played the deluxes and twins, and not had issues.

the only issue i had with some of their speakers were v30's (in particular the supersonic). but that'd pretty much explain sharp, brittle voicing in and of itself.

Pretty much anything in the DeVille family is not all that good without tube/speaker/input jack/pot upgrades (owned two). The Twin RI I had was a noisy, generally lemon-esque ball of fail, The Super Reverb RI a buddy of mine has needed tube and speaker swaps to even sound similar to a real one. Same thing with the Deluxe Reverb RI. The original Super-Sonic just plain sucks.

If you could buy them for about half of what they cost new and then retrofit them with better components, they can be decent amps. Maybe this new one is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Judging by their track record, however, I wouldn't hold my breath. YMMV.

Comment

Pretty much anything in the DeVille family is not all that good without tube/speaker/input jack/pot upgrades (owned two). The Twin RI I had was a noisy, generally lemon-esque ball of fail, The Super Reverb RI a buddy of mine has needed tube and speaker swaps to even sound similar to a real one. Same thing with the Deluxe Reverb RI. The original Super-Sonic just plain sucks.

If you could buy them for about half of what they cost new and then retrofit them with better components, they can be decent amps. Maybe this new one is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Judging by their track record, however, I wouldn't hold my breath. YMMV.

Originally Posted by Sixtonoize

It's cool...you don't have to have any idea what you're talking about to post here.

It's alright.

Originally Posted by Wizard of Ozz

I've owned at least 50 Marshalls...

Comment

OH SHIIIIIIII
                      ORANGE AMPS
                      Good Deals

Winner "Best Multi-Amp Rig" 2012 BOTR

Originally Posted by Sex Panther

I never called myself "Love Panther" or "Commitment Panther".

Formerly known as Dolflundgren

Comment

Way too expensive for what you're getting. I'll keep my Bugera V22 at $700 cash.
                        Egnater 4100 Tourmaster
                        Blackstar HT-5 (backorder)
                        Custom Zunes Guitar w/ piezo

***SPAM***

Comment

Way too expensive for what you're getting.

That's kinda what I'm thinking too. You could get a used Prosonic for less than $999.

But then again maybe this 22 watter will end up ****************in kicking ass.
                          Originally Posted by Rampage

**************** cleans, play distortion?

Originally Posted by RiffDaemon

The scratchy high-end sounds like a wreck in Excitebike

Originally Posted by buddhapaugh

I had a nightmare experience like yours, Nerine, when I was in my late 20's/early 30's and was doing the tag-team thing with my buddy over the toilet. Now that was something----

Guitars:
                          Fender-Hamer-Michael Kelly-Starfield-Ibanez

Amps/Cabs
                          Drive-Eminence-Electro Harmonix-Fender-Jet City-Kustom-VHT-Yamaha

FX
                          ISP-Keeley-Pigtronix

Comment

That's kinda what I'm thinking too. You could get a used Prosonic for less than $999.

But then again maybe this 22 watter will end up ****************in kicking ass.

The Prosonic is a good amp. One of the true 'sleeper' Fenders.

Comment

I own a lot of different amps. Some of my favorites are cheapies. I've just had bad luck with new Fender stuff.

Comment

Working...
                              X