BEST LOW WATTS TUBE AMP WITH AN EFFECTS LOOP?

wanderoo222

• Members

I have a VOX AC15c1 amp, 2 months old. Nice amp but no effects loop. Would like to try a delay and various other pedals in a loop instead of in front of the amp. Which amp would you recommend. What pedals are good in front of the amp? Which are better in a loop. Are all effects loops created equally? Thanks!

• Members

I have a VOX AC15c1 amp, 2 months old. Nice amp but no effects loop. Would like to try a delay and various other pedals in a loop instead of in front of the amp. Which amp would you recommend. What pedals are good in front of the amp? Which are better in a loop. Are all effects loops created equally? Thanks!

What style?

• Members

Partially depends what your definition of low watts is.

The first amps with loops that come to mind:

Egnater Rebel 20 (variable wattage, max 20watts)

Egnater Tweaker (15 watts, I am thinking of picking one up myself)

Budda Superdrive II SD18 (18 watts)

Genz Benz Black Pearl (7.5, 15, 30 watt switchable, avail 1x12 or 2x12, I have the 2x12)

General rules(more like guidelines):

Overdrives and distortions go in front of the amp

Modulation and time based effects (delay, reverb, etc.) go in the loopAll loops aren't created equally but I will let someone with more experience chime in on that factor.

I soooo wish the my Vox Night Train had a loop.

• Members

Slow down there cowboy. Sounds like you want the abridged encyclopedia answer to everything.

There are two types of fx loops. Serial and Parallel. Then there are bells and whistles like hard-bypass, tube-buffered, send-return levels, line level switchable -10/+4

These are some of the low watt amps with loops:

Blackstar HT-5 (5W)

Blackstar HT-20 (20W)

Bugera V22 (22W, 12")

Budda Superdrive 18 (18W, 12

• Members

What exactly are you trying to accomplish by having a loop? Are you doing this out of necessity or because you read it on the internet?

Personally I find effects loops on low watt amps retarded. If you're going to saturate the power section, which after all is the point of a low watt amp, that occurs after the loop anyway so all you're going to gain is a tiny extra bit of clarity out of that delay, and with an AC15 that's pretty much minute.

• Members

AC15 only has 1 or 2 gain stages anyway. Why do you need a loop?

Run any distortion/OD/fuzz boxes first, and your delay pedal last in the chain going in to the input of the AC15.

You certainly won't gain much from having an effects loop installed. I hated the loop on my AC30. These types of amps just don't have a reason for an effects loop, since you're skipping so very little in the preamp.

• Members

The Egnater Rebel 20 (20W) and Egnater Tweaker (15W) sound interesting. I may try to add an effects loop to my vox ac15c1. I am a newby to effects loops so all your help is appreciated.

Egnater Tweaker has problems with it's effects loop. My Boss DD-7 worked fine but then I bought a Hardwire RV-7 and it hummed like crazy, unusable. People over on The Gear Page have written about their problems, and Egnater say they are workling on a fix.

It's a moot point for me because I returned the amp, just wasn't doing it for me. :idk:

• Members

Egnater Tweaker has problems with it's effects loop. My Boss DD-7 worked fine but then I bought a Hardwire RV-7 and it hummed like crazy, unusable. People over on The Gear Page have written about their problems, and Egnater say they are workling on a fix.

It's a moot point for me because I returned the amp, just wasn't doing it for me.
:idk:

I don't get it with my Digitech delay... maybe I'm not turning it up loud enough?

Archived