What single-channel amp can do this?

Shenaniganizer

• Members

I really {censored}ing like this:

[YOUTUBE]v4dEaV4ZJ7Q[/YOUTUBE]

Go to about 1:16 and listen to the pseudo clean. I love the way that sounds. A little hair on it, but still cleanish. Then it goes up to some decent gain.

I'm not asking what single-channel amp can do three-channel versatility like the HT-100, but, that video's the best I've heard (haven't heard much) of the volume roll-back clean. Just so you know.

But, what single-channel amp can cop a decent slightly-hairy clean like that one when rolled back (and probably on a single coil, or in between two) then roll up to a nice high-gain when on the bridge 'bucker?

:poke: Probably asking for too much, as that's just how it works with gear, but, figured I'd ask anyway.

If you don't fully get the question, tell me, as I'm not too well at wording questions when I'm excited about something I heard or seen. in this case heard.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No, no. I didn't want people to think that I was asking what single channel amp can do three channel switching like the HT-100 or some {censored}.

I wanted to know what single channel amp can do what I was talking about at 1:16 or whatever it was of the video. When he goes from pseudo-clean to decent-gain.

• Members

The level of gain I'll use most often will probably something around this:

[YOUTUBE]oObksiWrZRU[/YOUTUBE]

Around that. Maybe even less.

I haven't played in a while, since the band's kinda on shaky grounds, so.. :idk: I don't fully remember.

And I don't have the cables to spark up the Triumph, cuz.. they're at my other guitarist's house. :cry:

• Members

No he means waht amp can do the semi clean, not sound like all 3 channels at once.

I still don't understand, here's what he wrote above you:

I wanted to know what single channel amp can do what I was talking about at 1:16 or whatever it was of the video. When he goes from pseudo-clean to decent-gain.

So is it the one sound at 1:16, OR that sound AND being able to get up to decent gain??

• Members

I still don't understand, here's what he wrote above you:

I wanted to know what single channel amp can do what I was talking about at 1:16 or whatever it was of the video. When he
goes from pseudo-clean to decent-gain.

So is it the one sound at 1:16, OR
that sound AND being able to get up to decent gain
??

this

• Members

:lol:

okay, so, you DO want to know which single channel amp can have that range of gain without having 3 different channels, correct?

Sorry to be a PITA, I was just trying to understand.

As already mentioned, Marshalls, Deliverance, Dr. Z amps

Yeah! Sorry. Like I said, I'm a jackass when it comes to wording questions while being excited about something.

I'm hoping you guys are paying attention to the gain ~level I referred to in the video I posted up there.. probably a little less than what's used in that song.

Which Marshalls can do that? Would a modded JMP do it? (JMPs are single-channel, right?)

Deliverance? Never heard clips of it.

Find that video! :poke:

• Members

VHT Deliverance. Seriously.

I sold mine because I didn't feel worthy. Completely not bull{censored}ting here. It covers a TON of ground with just a volume knob.

Here's a {censored}ty clip of me playing mine before I sold it. You can hear me click over to the high gain "more" channel halfway through.

[YOUTUBE]Q_ZcHHYenrY[/YOUTUBE]

Archived