X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What single-channel amp can do this?

I really ****************ing like this:

Go to about 1:16 and listen to the pseudo clean. I love the way that sounds. A little hair on it, but still cleanish. Then it goes up to some decent gain.

I'm not asking what single-channel amp can do three-channel versatility like the HT-100, but, that video's the best I've heard (haven't heard much) of the volume roll-back clean. Just so you know.

But, what single-channel amp can cop a decent slightly-hairy clean like that one when rolled back (and probably on a single coil, or in between two) then roll up to a nice high-gain when on the bridge 'bucker?

oke: Probably asking for too much, as that's just how it works with gear, but, figured I'd ask anyway.

If you don't fully get the question, tell me, as I'm not too well at wording questions when I'm excited about something I heard or seen. in this case heard.

PRS, Godin, Carvin, & Ibanez guitars
    Digitech GSP1101/Control 2
    Sennheiser G2 in-ear system

Originally Posted by DrakkarTyrannis

Ya'll n****s is gay

Cheers, Lucius.

Originally Posted by BrendanO

For real. Anomaly shreds not only his balls off, but the balls off two out of every five children born after 1992.

Band
    YouTube
    Facebook

Transactions with: OceansBetweenUs, eagertokill, rbasaria, outkastin2g, jonny_toetags, Findthetone, chriscnb, and CAC

Comment

Way to embed, no-embed.
      Guitars:
      - ESP Original Forest GT
      - Edwards E-LP-98LTS
      - LTD M-1000
      - Seagull S6

Amp:
      - Mesa/Boogie Mark IV

Effects:
      - Maxon OD808
      - MXR Smart gate
      - MXR Carbon copy
      - TC Electronic Hall of Fame
      - TC Electronic Polytune

Comment

The **************** you guys talking about?

Psh, fail embed? Not in this thread.

I rhymed.

Comment

The **************** you guys talking about?

Psh, fail embed? Not in this thread.

I rhymed.

Way to ninja edit, ninja.
          Guitars:
          - ESP Original Forest GT
          - Edwards E-LP-98LTS
          - LTD M-1000
          - Seagull S6

Amp:
          - Mesa/Boogie Mark IV

Effects:
          - Maxon OD808
          - MXR Smart gate
          - MXR Carbon copy
          - TC Electronic Polytune

Comment

I think a Vox set pretty dark can get that kind of sound beautifully. Neck single coil is a must for this. I so want this amp!

Ch2 of my Mark IV is set to this general sound. This is one of my favourite types of tones.
            Guitars:
            - ESP Original Forest GT
            - Edwards E-LP-98LTS
            - LTD M-1000
            - Seagull S6

Amp:
            - Mesa/Boogie Mark IV

Effects:
            - Maxon OD808
            - MXR Smart gate
            - MXR Carbon copy
            - TC Electronic Polytune

Comment

Sounded great til he moved that ISF knob or whatever.
              I endorse Laura & Valve Queen tubes, you should too.Marshall, Gibson, Fender, Charvel/Jackson."I'm happy to pay my tech $40 bucks to take the Zap for me."One kick-butt deal with johnpace2 Dave Friedman of RACKSYSTEMS is a genius.After the Firebird X, i'm quite convinced Henry Juszkiewicz is crazy.Member of the JMP Hall of Fame.

Comment

I think most amps will be able to do that as long as you don't boost or set the gain to brutalz
                http://www.guitarampboard.com/index.php

Comment

Difficult question is difficult.

You're not asking what single channel amp can do that, but then you DO ask what single channel amp can do that.

Ya'll n****s is gay

Cheers, Lucius.

For real. Anomaly shreds not only his balls off, but the balls off two out of every five children born after 1992.

Band
                  YouTube
                  Facebook

Transactions with: OceansBetweenUs, eagertokill, rbasaria, outkastin2g, jonny_toetags, Findthetone, chriscnb, and CAC

Comment

No, no. I didn't want people to think that I was asking what single channel amp can do three channel switching like the HT-100 or some ****************.

I wanted to know what single channel amp can do what I was talking about at 1:16 or whatever it was of the video. When he goes from pseudo-clean to decent-gain.

Comment

Difficult question is difficult.

You're not asking what single channel amp can do that, but then you DO ask what single channel amp can do that.

No he means waht amp can do the semi clean, not sound like all 3 channels at once.

Comment

The level of gain I'll use most often will probably something around this:

Around that. Maybe even less.

I haven't played in a while, since the band's kinda on shaky grounds, so.. I don't fully remember.

And I don't have the cables to spark up the Triumph, cuz.. they're at my other guitarist's house.

Comment

No he means waht amp can do the semi clean, not sound like all 3 channels at once.

I still don't understand, here's what he wrote above you:

I wanted to know what single channel amp can do what I was talking about at 1:16 or whatever it was of the video. When he goes from pseudo-clean to decent-gain.

So is it the one sound at 1:16, OR that sound AND being able to get up to decent gain??

Ya'll n****s is gay

Cheers, Lucius.

Band
                          YouTube
                          Facebook

Comment

Any Marshall ...
                            " "Best toan in teh land" - champion

Good Buyers/Sellers :Mikenothing , SirKonks,Dimebag11 x2,Dropped_2_c,Boris the Blade,thefyn,MrSandman,Gabe15,GuidanceOfSin,shane1 59 X2,Mparsons,rabott13,warplangrey,iamthearm, SkyHighRocks,RobotBodiesBFF,Tu Be x2,IanDOL,Fridgit,Jim Ansell ,GutterMouth,LionHeaRT07 ,Zao X2,m3at,Bluesman001,Khoifish321,thinkpad20,vangkm, juice,phatgirl,Trembulant,knope , Knucklefux, pfapin,rareguitar,donsimon76, again with this, Jerry Dyer, eagertokill,rugbyguitargod

Comment

I still don't understand, here's what he wrote above you:

So is it the one sound at 1:16, OR that sound AND being able to get up to decent gain??

this

Comment

Working...
                              X