I got my 7-string back :D

peavey_impact

• Members

I stupidly sold this guitar to one of my buddies a couple years ago and pretty much instantly regretted it. I tried the 8-string thing for a while but that {censored} is just too much.

I randomly text my buddy yesterday to ask if he would consider selling it back and he said was already planning on offing all his gear. So I got my guitar back :love:

I know a lot of you probably got in on the blowout on the Washburn WG-587's about 4 or 5 years ago. The quality was really hit-or-miss on these apparently but I got a pretty nice one. I leveled the frets myself and it plays like a dream; my favorite 7-string neck I've played.

I'm just glad to have it back; it ain't going anywhere this time :cop:

Bridge pickup is a Dimarzio X2N-7, and clips will be coming. I still need to get on KZ's latest drum jams :rawk:

8471f2a6.jpg

csb, right? :)

• Members

Yep just standard 7-string tuning. Six'ers are still my favorite but I'm the opposite; for some reason I just can't get in to the way down tuned 6's feel and sound when tuned below drop D so the 7 will take care of any low-end duty
:rawk:
:love:
thanks brotha!

:thu: I avoided 7's for years and did the detuned 6 thing because I have wrist issues and dont need to aggravate it.

But, when I got a 7, it came together. Something is always missing with a detuned 6. It is hard to place your finger on it, but an extended scale 7 just has that extra "something" a detuned 6 will not get.

Archived