Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did they go in no mods?

NO, you have to connect pins 1 and 6 i think. Can't remember right this moment. But 6L6 tubes don't have the two pins connected. it really is a simple mod any local tech can do. Cost me $65.00 from my tech to do it.

Comment

Ohh

Comment

holy ****************.
        1965 Kalamazoo Model 1 w/10" weber
        Yamaha THR10
        Fender Strat
        Epi Les Paul
        PEDALZZZ

Comment

Pfff I just plugged the damn things in and went.

Things really start to happen with this amp when the volume hits half way... it's pretty remarkable to be honest. I've got the nova system in the fx loop with the input gain set to 0 and the output set to -7 dB for a little volume reduction which actually translates into a pretty hefty volume cut overall but hey.. it works. Still loud as hell in the room though... near stage volume.

Anyways, it's actualy 2 different sets of ruby tubes. One is the pair that came with the renegade and the other is a pair I got from laura that ordinarily live in the JTM45. I've got her burning in a quartet of SED's for me though this week when she gets a chance so hopefully I'll have those next week.

What I did find interesting though was that all 4 tubes are required to be in the amp for it to work. I was under the impression that you could just use 2 in the innermost sockets and run it in 50 watts (with the switch at 50 watt setting) but not so. So far, that's the single thing that's sort of crept up into the back of my head that if I have a power tube failure during a show or something, if I don't have a spare tube to use, the amp is rendered useless. I've had a tube go out in the nitro before and simply flipped the switch to 50 watts and pulled that tube and the other outer most tube and ran 2 tubes in the middle sockets and it got me through the show.

Wonder how hard it would be for mike to tweak that to operate at half power with 2 tubes...

I haven't tried it yet with the non HDM amp to see if that would work.
          Guitars
          Tokai LS150 - Sheptone Bryan Kahaek Signature pickups - Mystic Dream MM JP6 - G&L Comanche

Amps - Cabs
          Splawn "MUFASA" Nitro - Mako MAK4 Preamp - Jet City 100H w/JJ KT66's, 22H & Pico Valve - Whitebox Engineering 2x12, PortCity OS212 - Splawn 4X12

Kemper Profiling Amp - u mad?

Visit my music page

Watch my amp demo videos on Youtube

Member of the Jet Setters

Comment

Damn, awesome tones bro.
            Originally Posted by gsxrbusa

"Is that an AMT in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?"

AMT Army-SGT Major Br00tz

Originally Posted by Samnite

Goddamn it. Killzone'd.

My netmusicians clips....
            http://www.netmusicians.org/index.ph...e&section=user

Current Crap....
            Marshall Lead 100
            Marshall jcm800 1960 cab
            AMT P1
            AMT E1
            Boss HM-2
            Parker P42 Stock Pup's
            BC Rich Warlock NT (Lace Deathbucker)

Comment

I haven't tried it yet with the non HDM amp to see if that would work.

It does work.. I ran my 100H for a while with the inside tubes.. You have to plug a 16ohm cab into the 8ohm jack, or a 8ohm cab into a 4ohm jack when your doing it though.. Something to do with the trannys..

Comment

lead tone sounds A LOT better to me
                just need to hear more rhythms like your other clips and videos
                great job
                Originally Posted by mseriously30

My ****************ing life goal is to one day own a 70's Gibby such as that, a giant old Marshall stack with original 6x12 and be like, well, old and stuff, and play some loud ass doomy filthy melodies at my 70th birthday and embarrass the **************** out of everyone and maybe kill a small animal with my awesomness.

But secretly most everyone in hearing distance would envy me and it would only add to my lasting legacy.

Comment

I can't believe you just popped them in.. That might be why it sounds so different.. Did you bias it?

Comment

Dude, no joke...This is some of the best lead tone i've ever heard. WOW! Your clips are always insanely tasty
                    My project: http://www.myspace.com/humanconspiracymusic

Bogner Ecstasy 101b :: Blackstar HT5-H :: Trinity Triwatt DR103 clone (Click to view build thread)
                    Bogner 4x12 :: Genz Benz 2x12 :: Homebuilt 2x12 loaded with (2) Weber FC12's for the Triwatt

Great Transactions: Skaaks, Skunx, CARRguitar, Zacman0126, theweight, heatfromcold, Ricky Bobby

Comment

no.. hell with bias. my ears tell me the bias is just right

Edit: I take it upon myself that part of my job with demo'ing these amps is to really put them through the ringer to test not only their sound but their durability. They get knocked around in the trailer to and from shows and with the tubes, I'm seeing how idiot proof the amp is without intentionally being abusive.

So far, they've both proven incredibly resilient amps.
                      Guitars
                      Tokai LS150 - Sheptone Bryan Kahaek Signature pickups - Mystic Dream MM JP6 - G&L Comanche

Amps - Cabs
                      Splawn "MUFASA" Nitro - Mako MAK4 Preamp - Jet City 100H w/JJ KT66's, 22H & Pico Valve - Whitebox Engineering 2x12, PortCity OS212 - Splawn 4X12

Kemper Profiling Amp - u mad?

Visit my music page

Watch my amp demo videos on Youtube

Member of the Jet Setters

Comment

Pfff I just plugged the damn things in and went.

http://www.guitarampboard.com

Comment

Great stuff man!

Comment

What I did find interesting though was that all 4 tubes are required to be in the amp for it to work. I was under the impression that you could just use 2 in the innermost sockets and run it in 50 watts (with the switch at 50 watt setting) but not so. So far, that's the single thing that's sort of crept up into the back of my head that if I have a power tube failure during a show or something, if I don't have a spare tube to use, the amp is rendered useless. I've had a tube go out in the nitro before and simply flipped the switch to 50 watts and pulled that tube and the other outer most tube and ran 2 tubes in the middle sockets and it got me through the show.

have you tried the 50w setting with only 2 tubes in the outer sockets? Maybe that's how the switch is wired up. An amp can use either the inner or the outer sockets to go on half power.

Comment

I just read the combo is different from the head? Why does the combo have more controls?
                              http://www.guitarampboard.com/index.php

Comment

I just read the combo is different from the head? Why does the combo have more controls?

The 50w combo? It's a completely different amp, it has the crunch channel or the head (which is the channel with less gain) and a dedicated clean channel.

Comment

Working...
                                X