X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT - One of my computer speakers is very quiet

I have a fairly new set of Logitech Z523 speakers...I've had them for less than a month. I realized today that the sound coming out of the right speaker is a ton quieter than that of the left speaker. I unplugged the left speaker and turned up the volume and it doesn't sound any different from the left speaker at comparable volume. Could it be blown? What else could be wrong? I've checked the connections and they're all tight and nothing's panned.
    VHT | Reeves | Fender

Good transactions

Is the amp on the left side? I noticed the same thing with my M-Audio AV40s. What are you using for a sound card? I switched to something new and it's less apparent if at all, so that may be to blame in conjunction with the design of the speaker set.

Comment

The amp/controls are on the quiet speaker, oddly. No sound card, just integrated. Linky
      VHT | Reeves | Fender

Good transactions

Comment

The amp/controls are on the quiet speaker, oddly. No sound card, just integrated. Linky

I'm thinking it's your motherboard interacting with the speakers. I was running an old sound blaster with these, which had your issue, then I got a new system with an Asus M4A78T-E motherboard and the issue was still there from what I recall. I'm now using a Motu MicroBook usb interface and the volumes are balanced.

Comment

Sometimes if the cable coming from the machine is slightly loose this will happen. Check your cable. If that's not the issue then make sure the sound mixer on your machine doesn't have one side brought down.
          GREAT TRANSACTIONS WITH.....---->CLICK HERE

Comment

check the tubes.
            Gibson Les Paul Traditional, Ebony

Dunlop 535q Wah
            Electro Harmonix Pog 2
            Korg Pitchblack Tuner
            MXR Custom Bad Ass Modified OD
            MXR EVH Phase 90
            MXR Micro Flanger
            Boss DD7 Delay

Orange AD140 HTC
            Orange PPC412

Comment

Sounds like you have a shorting cable on that side. Try jamming the cable into the speaker a bit and see if it comes back.

Every computer speaker I've ever owned w/ attached cables developed this crap.
              BG Pickups are awesome: www.norcalguitars.com

Arend @ Sweetwater =

Originally Posted by Guitarist+

I don't need your empathy.

Comment

check the tubes.

Good idea, it's usually the tubes. I'd also try replacing the quieter speaker with something more efficient like a celestion blue or a g12h30.

Originally Posted by telephant

Tone is really half the argument. We both know ultimately it means nothing. Write a song. Write. A ****************ing. Song.

UK based band;
                http://www.captainhorizon.co.uk

Comment

The speakers I have at work do that from time to time. It's a dirty volume pot thats doing it in mine's case.
                  PROLETARIAT

Originally Posted by Norton666

Man , Ive held off replying to any Klops threads because its kind of like the sweet , naive retarded kid down the street who is out putting in hours on his pogo stick every single night with dreams of someday going pro . You have to admire his ambition and determination , but at some point , he will realize he is retarded and there isnt a pro pogo stick league. I just dont wanna be the guy to tell him . Wait...............

Comment

Working...
                  X