OT: My band is opening the Columbus Blue Jackets Home Opener...

justcrash

• Moderators
Congrats man!!!!!

That's {censored}ing incredible, and should be a {censored} ton of fun!!

Thanks man, pretty stoked. Never played a sports stadium full of peeps before. You probably saw my FB, but I will know more details once we do the walk through monday or wednesday, we signed the contract today. :cool:

• Members
Thanks man, pretty stoked. Never played a sports stadium full of peeps before. You probably saw my FB, but I will know more details once we do the walk through monday or wednesday, we signed the contract today.
:cool:

haven't been on FB in a minute, but I'll check it out/ .

Either way, I'm stoked for y'all, dude! And jealous, cuz I've never played for a crowd that size! (or even close :D)

• Moderators
haven't been on FB in a minute, but I'll check it out/ .

Either way, I'm stoked for y'all, dude! And jealous, cuz I've never played for a crowd that size! (or even close
:D
)

I played some pretty decent sized festivals and such, but if I am honest, this may be the first time EVER that I've gotten nervous about a venue.

• Moderators

So do they have it all set up on a mobile stage and then wheel it out and plug you in? How many songs?

I'll know more about the where, when's and how's after the walkthrough but that is how I envision it. We play for 20 minutes before the game starts, during the time outs and what not, and then after the game as people are leaving (which sounds like a confidence builder as 10000 people walk away from you at once... Lol). I am guessing, combined for the night MAYBE a set? Still need more info from the organization on the logistics.

• Members

My last band played at Excel Energy Center in one of the clubs upstairs after a Wild game. Cool experience loading your gear in and out of a big arena like that, right in the belly of the beast. First time we did it we had our own press box to watch the game and had full access to the food buffet. Good times. Have fun man!

• Moderators

My last band played at Excel Energy Center in one of the clubs upstairs after a Wild game. Cool experience loading your gear in and out of a big arena like that, right in the belly of the beast. First time we did it we had our own press box to watch the game and had full access to the food buffet. Good times. Have fun man!

That sounds sweet as hell!

• Members
I'll know more about the where, when's and how's after the walkthrough but that is how I envision it. We play for 20 minutes before the game starts, during the time outs and what not, and then after the game as people are leaving (which sounds like a confidence builder as
people walk away from you at once... Lol). I am guessing, combined for the night MAYBE a set? Still need more info from the organization on the logistics.

more like 17,000 people (no pressure).
my friends band does Canucks games sometimes, they usually have them set up on the concourse, facing the arena where everyone can see you (and critique you :o)

• Members

JC, schweet gig, bro. Color me green with envy.

I'd love to play at a Devil's game, but the band's gear would all crap out early and we'd be playing golf by the end of the 1st period, if the Devil's recent playoff record is any indication...

Give 'em a great show, buzz. :thu:

Archived