Any mesa roadster owners out there?

hecticone

• Members

It's a great amp that can cover a ton of ground. It' does take some time (like most Mesa amps) to learn how to get the best out of the amp. After some tube swapping and many hours with the amp I am very satisfied with it. It's the longest that I've ever kept an amp. If you're a lead player you may want to boost it for that because it is a recto and doesn't really "sing" like a mark series does. The cleans are really great. The versatility of the Roadster is amazing. It's the swiss army knife of guitar amps.

• Members

I had a roadster before I traded it for a mark iv. I really like the cleans on it. The reverb was also really lush sounding. I'm a big fan of single coils with recto use. It can get really heavy with a boost, but I really love the roadster's medium gain type of tones.

• Members

Thats kind of my dilema I could get an offally nice humbucker guitar for what my Anderson is worth. But do I really need to? Such a dilema.

Keep the anderson...

I made the mistake of getting rid of my nicer/nicest guitars...when I should have just waited until I had the cash to get what I wanted...

The other thing is, what if you don't like it - then you sold off a good/great guitar (a friend has an Anderson - they are GREAT guitars...) - and then you have something inferior and an amp you don't like...

Keep the guitar.

Save up and buy the amp you want.

Archived