Which Jet City amp? Help me choose please.

ledvedder

• Members

Recently, I've been set on getting the JCA50H along with a 2x12 cab. But, I've also been considering whether or not the 20 watt combo or head would suit me. I play in a classic and modern rock cover band. We play mostly medium size bars. Occasionally, I need to get a sound as heavy as Metallica or Tool. Mostly, I go for a VH type of sound for most of the stuff, with the occasional clean. Which amp do you think will suit my needs best?

If you choose "something else", can you specific which amp?

• Members

Recently, I've been set on getting the JCA50H along with a 2x12 cab. But, I've also been considering whether or not the 20 watt combo or head would suit me. I play in a classic and modern rock cover band. We play mostly medium size bars. Occasionally, I need to get a sound as heavy as Metallica or Tool. Mostly, I go for a VH type of sound for most of the stuff, with the occasional clean. Which amp do you think will suit my needs best?

If you choose "something else", can you specific which amp?

JCA5212_front_web.jpg

• Members

I thought the 50 watt combo doesn't have the lead channel?

That's true, but neither does the 20w combo or head. They have the crunch channel only with can go from clean to early EVH gain. You can use a boost to get more gain.

With the 50w combo you get the same channel as the 20w, plus a dedicated clean channel, reverb and independent EQs. This amp, with a boost should cover everything you need.

But if you MUST have the lead channel, then the big 50/100w heads are your ONLY options.

Archived