What is your favorite speaker to pair with the Jet City amps

Ron Burgandy

• Members

So far with my 20 watt combo I prefer the Celestion G12T75's, but I've only tried it through a few different speakers. The G12h30 which is not my favorite pairing as it turns out, and the stock Emi which is... not my favorite either even though either one still gets the job done.

Oh and some 10's... those were not where it's at.

Anyone tried Greenbacks with these?

Oh, and type of music you play may help :D

• Members

I've tried my brother's jca20 with v30s and the 75s. I liked the 75s much more than the v30.

edit: hc's killzone drum jam below. stock 1960 cab with an audix i5 for everything except one of the leads. that one is a 57. I normally don't play stuff like this. I like cleaner tones. I'm pretty happy with the jet city though.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9638035/JCA2057i5leads.mp3

• Members

I've tried my brother's jca20 with v30s and the 75s. I liked the 75s much more than the v30.

edit: hc's killzone drum jam below. stock 1960 cab with an audix i5 for everything except one of the leads. that one is a 57. I normally don't play stuff like this. I like cleaner tones. I'm pretty happy with the jet city though.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9638035/JCA2057i5leads.mp3

That sounds great dude!

Are you boosting it? What is the rest of the gear you used here?

It sounds like it's straight in?

If so, {censored}in :rawk:

I'm running a similar tone (slightly less gain, and single coils) using a 2x12 Marshall cab loaded with the stock 75's. Love it.

• Members

yeah I boosted with a ts9 drive was on 8 o'clock, tone was at one, level 100%. the amp was set with everything around 6 except the master and presence, those were on four.

guitar was an edwards lp with gfs hot or overwound pickups tuned to b. the sloppy end chugs were with the neck pickup and no boost. I was going to lead into a tighter thing right after that but I got lazy and didn't finish.

all of it was an audix i5 slightly off axis and a sm57 for one of the lead parts.

• Members

75's are a great match for the JCAs. I tried V30s and its Box City. I haven't tried the GBs yet but since the JCAs have a darkish tone, I think the 75's will still be a better match. But that's just an assumption.

I'm actually having a lot of fun right now with the G12H30 paired with the stock Emi. The boomy qualities of the emi, while on it's own sounds kinda muddy/dull, tones down the overly bright Celestion.

Could be my ears though.

I know in the band, I've had the best luck with the G12T75's and oddly enough the stock Emi. in a band context it actually sits great. go figure.

• Members

I'll probably be throwing a greenback in mine at some point. In my experience, greenbacks haven't ever done anything but make an amp sound BETTER!

riiiiiiiiiiiiight?? I'm waiting for some feedback from people that have tried it :D

I've been jamming on it off/on all night with the stock speaker and the tweaker cab. This is absurdly good sounding.

• Members

riiiiiiiiiiiiight?? I'm waiting for some feedback from people that have tried it
:D

I've been jamming on it off/on all night with the stock speaker and the tweaker cab. This is absurdly good sounding.

My 20 watt combo should be here tomorrow!!! I'm sure I'll be doing a retube as well as speaker change on it in the near future. I will post my findings when I do.

Archived