anyone ever have bruised ribs??

RaceU4her

• Members

this drunk cokehead idiot i know who i havent seen in years now cause hes a drunk cokehead idiot who is about twice my size sees me at the bar last night and decides its a good idea to bear hug tackle me at full force from behind so i dont know hes coming into the {censored}ing bar. last night i thought nothing of it but today i wake up and i can barely get out of bed my ribs are hurting so bad. anyone know anyone ever have bruised ribs before and how long does it last?? this sucks! :mad:

• Members

Yes from a tubing accident. Mine hurt like hell for weeks. Hard to breathe, be careful when you sneeze or cough.

I took Advil round the clock for about 2 weeks. I didn't think it was helping because I was still in a lot of pain so I stopped taking them.

BIG MISTAKE. :eek:

Once they wore off and I was hit with the full brunt of the pain I realized how much the Advil was helping.

You might want to call a Doc to be on the safe side.

Good luck and mojo sent.

• Members

I had all of my ribs on my right side bruised from a car accident I was in a few years ago. Your ribs will hurt like hell for at least a couple of weeks. Don't take any really deep breaths unless you really have to, and don't watch or listen to anything funny, because laughing will {censored}ing HURT.

• Members

Yes from a tubing accident. Mine hurt like hell for weeks. Hard to breathe, be careful when you sneeze or cough.

I took Advil round the clock for about 2 weeks. I didn't think it was helping because I was still in a lot of pain so I stopped taking them.

BIG MISTAKE.
:eek:

Once they wore off and I was hit with the full brunt of the pain I realized how much the Advil was helping.

You might want to call a Doc to be on the safe side.

Good luck and mojo sent.

Doctor really can't do anything even if it is broken except give you serious drugs for pain. Most will NOT do that for this injury. I wouldn't go unless you are coughing up blood and/or have serious bruising. If that is the case, the rib is broken and possibly poking itself where it doesn't belong.

• Members

i actually just bruised my ribs a week ago, and i have a hairline fracture in one of them from falling off my bike

its really hard to move around and breathing is slightly uncomfortable......sneezing is quite scary too, i try to avoid it cuz it hurts like a bitch....i actually felt like i was gona pass out cuz sneezing hurts soooo much

• Members

Don't take any really deep breaths unless you really have to

WRONG!!!!!!!

While this does help with pain, any doctor will tell you to try to breathe normally and take deep breaths every now and then...otherwise you are in serious danger of getting pneumonia.

• Members

Much prefer braised ribs.

10/10!!!! :lol:

I raced motocross for years, and have broken and bruised ribs many, many times. Mojo dude.

Tie a rope around the footboard of your bed. It'll help you pull yourself out of bed in the morning. Take Motrin. Tough it out. That's all you can really do. Don't overdo anything, and be very careful about staying healthy, in case you have a cracked or broken rib....makes it pretty easy to get pneumonia. :thu::cop:

• Members

{censored} sucks dude. Happened to me too. Snowboarding accident. My side looked like I got attacked with a cheese grater. Went to the doc, found that nothing was broken but since I was in pain was most likely bruised ribs. Gave me a prescription and told me to take as many as I needed to kill the pain, and no heavy lifting or doing anything for that matter for about 4-6 weeks.

• Members

terrific, just what i need at my busy time of year at work where i lift and pull heavy {censored} all day because of cokeheadness. i just sneezed and about keeled over

Sound like a broken rib to me. Get an x-ray. A broken rib can damage a vital organ.

Nice friends.

• Members

Man, that brings back painful memories. When I was about 13 I had a bike wreck in which I landed with my full weight across my handle bars, fracturing a rib, and bruising a couple. I had a massive hemotoma across the left side of my chest that literally scabbed up under the skin (about 5" long, and 1 1/2" wide, with bruising around it that covered half of my torso on that side) and grew out over the course of a year. It was such a huge scab that it left a permanent scar across my chest at the bottom of my left pec that's still there to this day, almost 26 years later (about 3 1/2-4" long, and 1 1/2" wide).

That's the only pain I've ever felt that was remotely close to my migraines. For a good 6 months it hurt to breath, cough, move certain ways, masturbate (very traumatic to a 13 yr old boy, let me tell you, right on the edge, go to move a little bit and excruciating pain kills your hard on, leaving you with sore ribs and blue balls).

Archived