30 watt "rock" amps

CompleteGuitard

• Members

Every clip of this guys amps I have heard is RIGHT up my alley. Im a big fan of Big vintage Marshall style crunch. His amps are totally in this vein, obviously not for everyone, but these sound sickening good.

http://grangeramp.com/v20.php

Kurt is supposed to be bringing me a pile of amps to demo. He's got some seriously bad ass sounding amps (on paper) that he's got ready to go that he hasn't listed for sale yet. One's a trainwreck clone :love:

• Members

Lets see what you got, I want budget conscious and not budget conscious. The only requirements : combo option, "good" distorted sound (think comparible to mesa express 5/25, I don't care whether you think this is "good", I like it)

You think the Express 5/25 sounds good? Maybe you should try a Crate Blue Voodoo (budget), or a Genz Benz Black Pearl (not budget if you can find a new one). Those are similar in tone to the Express line of amps.

• Members

I am rather fond of my Engl Thunder 50. Yes, it is 50 watts but its has a very good master volume. I think the clean is really nice and it has as much gain as I ever require. My M13 works great with it for effects.

Now I have a Genz Benz Black Pearl 2x12 combo and it is a great amp. 7.5/15/30 watt adjustable, nice reverb, the boost almost makes it like 2 channels.

Archived