X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speakers Make a Greater Difference in Tone Than Tubes

So what's all the corksniffery about?

Speakers, pickups, strings, tubes, tonewoods, cab woods can all affect tone.

I never had the tone i wanted til i got a Les Paul & old Marshall, that was more than half the battle.
    I endorse Laura & Valve Queen tubes, you should too.Marshall, Gibson, Fender, Charvel/Jackson."I'm happy to pay my tech $40 bucks to take the Zap for me."One kick-butt deal with johnpace2 Dave Friedman of RACKSYSTEMS is a genius.After the Firebird X, i'm quite convinced Henry Juszkiewicz is crazy.Member of the JMP Hall of Fame.

Comment

Speakers, pickups, strings, tubes, tonewoods, cab woods can all affect tone.

It's all in the fingers oke:
      Originally Posted by James Hetfield

I AM THE TABLE!!

Guitars:
      LTD EC256:EMG's, Tonepros, Grovers
      Agile PS900 Blue Flame
      Ibanez Acoustic: V300CW
      Amps:
      EVH 5150 III 100w
      EVH 5150 III 4x12
      Effects:
      POD HD300
      MXR 10 Band EQ

Good Transactions: cadfael, kev324, sahlomonic, Lucius

Comment

It's all in the fingers oke:
        Here we go.

Assuming your a good player.........gear has a factor regardless.

I will say the average bar patron doesn't know the difference between a Peavey and an SLO.
        I endorse Laura & Valve Queen tubes, you should too.Marshall, Gibson, Fender, Charvel/Jackson."I'm happy to pay my tech $40 bucks to take the Zap for me."One kick-butt deal with johnpace2 Dave Friedman of RACKSYSTEMS is a genius.After the Firebird X, i'm quite convinced Henry Juszkiewicz is crazy.Member of the JMP Hall of Fame.

Comment

I try out different tube brands but I always find myself coming back to the same ones.

I still haven't found current production 12AX7's I'm really happy with though, but current production power tubes seem just fine (I like JJ EL84's and Groove Tubes 6CA7S's for EL34 amps).

I always seem to go for the same speaker too (I'm a big fan of G12H-30's), although I have to say that I like V30's just fine once you get them up to a decent volume and EQ your amp to avoid the upper mid spike.
          Originally Posted by Uma Floresta

strtdv has wisdom.

Originally Posted by Tralfaz

Oh crap. The key just cae loose off y laptop keyboard.mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmm Okay, it's fixed now.

LANEY POSSE .................................................. ..... Good deals with: bennyg85, gambit, jo_to_2, Free the Guilty, woolyh
          ORANGE CONGLOMERATE

Comment

Speaker and cabs make a difference...maybe not greater but certianly significant...being a bit of speaker slut, have an alnico and ceramic 8's, a smooth and ribbed ceramic 10's and a smooth alnico, a ribbed alnico and a ribbed ceramic 12's that I try in different configured open, closed, detuned cabs. Yesterday this no name $10 12" alnico from the 70's that I happened to team up with my modeller to tube amp rig...and its sounds waaaay better than the $200 weber... perhaps its a FR speaker but its staying with the modeller/tube basement rig.
            ibanez as73, yamaha ssc500, epi lp, alvarez 76
            bogen vp12, newcomb av1612, newcomb tr1625m, bogen ph-10, webcor 2110
            fx...tonelab tt, tc elec nr-1

Comment

The OP is right.
              PRS, Godin, Carvin, & Ibanez guitars
              Digitech GSP1101/Control 2
              Sennheiser G2 in-ear system

Originally Posted by DrakkarTyrannis

Ya'll n****s is gay

Cheers, Lucius.

Originally Posted by BrendanO

For real. Anomaly shreds not only his balls off, but the balls off two out of every five children born after 1992.

Band
              YouTube
              Facebook

Transactions with: OceansBetweenUs, eagertokill, rbasaria, outkastin2g, jonny_toetags, Findthetone, chriscnb, and CAC

Comment

In order of importance

Cab - Fingers - Speakers - Amp - Guitar - cables
                Guitars
                Tokai LS150 - Sheptone Bryan Kahaek Signature pickups - Mystic Dream MM JP6 - G&L Comanche

Amps - Cabs
                Splawn "MUFASA" Nitro - Mako MAK4 Preamp - Jet City 100H w/JJ KT66's, 22H & Pico Valve - Whitebox Engineering 2x12, PortCity OS212 - Splawn 4X12

Kemper Profiling Amp - u mad?

Visit my music page

Watch my amp demo videos on Youtube

Member of the Jet Setters

Comment

Working...
                X