Ive spent the last half hour watching VH4 vids on Youtube

Norton666

• Members

It didn't sound similar to the framus at all. Framus cobra has this subwoofer bass and sounds really brittle to me, and the dragon is a big dark mess.

The vh4 is really cutting, and has zero dynamics on its gain channels. It is obscenely compressed, in a way that you cannot dial out. It sounds nasally to me, and it weighs a {censored}ing {censored}load.

• Members
Of all the amps I have played there have only been a couple I couldn't stand.

Framus cobra and dragon, jvm, and vh4.

It was that Crate cab that it was on at GC :cop: (if you played it in the GC in Hollyweird). It is still compressed as hell and I am not a huge fan after playing one recently, but then again there are some killer tones to be had in it. IDK, I like my Herbert and was considering getting a VH4 to try but that compression makes me step away.

• Members

In my experience, if you really like the VH4 tone, but don't like the compression, the closest amp I've heard is a Fortin Bones. It gets the tightness and that crazy hi-fi density to the gain, but responds much more dynamically to your pick attack than a VH4. You lose a lot of flexibility, though.

• Members

It didn't sound similar to the framus at all. Framus cobra has this subwoofer bass and sounds really brittle to me, and the dragon is a big dark mess.

The vh4 is really cutting, and has zero dynamics on its gain channels. It is obscenely compressed, in a way that you cannot dial out. It sounds nasally to me
, and it weighs a {censored}ing {censored}load.

Sounds like my old JSX.

• Members
Yeah he uses one , but Im far from a Tool fan
:)

I go back and forth on my fanboi-ism. It's cool when you can really get into all 3 instruments separately and then as a whole.

Actually my fave toanez of his is the actual song "Aenima". Has no idea what it was though.

Archived