New Bioshock game trailer has officially left me speechless..

FastRedPonyCar

• Members

Bioshock II is one of the biggest video game disappointments I've ever experienced.

It's an ok game, but it's such a letdown compared to the original. Hopefully the new one will have some redemption.

I liked II when I was playing it, but I can't imagine revisiting it. Bioshock 1 on the other hand, I'm considering playing for a 3rd time in as many years.

• Members

See I don't know why, I love FPS's and this one never hooked me. Seemed lame and poorly done when I played it. Maybe I just didn't give it a fair shot?...I think I played it for about half an hour or more.

Just wasn't getting into it. Why is it such a good game to you guys? What sets it apart?

• Members

See I don't know why, I love FPS's and this one never hooked me. Seemed lame and poorly done when I played it.
Maybe I just didn't give it a fair shot?...I think I played it for about half an hour or more.

Just wasn't getting into it. Why is it such a good game to you guys? What sets it apart?

You decidedly did not give it a fair shot.

Once you get a few good plasmids and weapons, the combinations of ways you can inflict violence on your enemies is astounding. It supports any play style. The complexity and depth of its story is unmatched.

• Members

It looks like they've finally managed to ditch the "oh all the good guys are just on the radio" crap. Unfortunately it seems that they've only moved to 100% scripted events. I mean if Half-Life 1 managed to have basic AI to run around with you occasionally it shouldn't be that hard to do.

I never finished Bioshock 1 because I didn't like how everything in the world was hostile and the level design was rather poor. Can't say anything about level design here but I guess it won't be a particularly open world. There seems to be no AI to speak of for the enemies beyond "run towards you and try to kill you". The whole "oh they're all just gone mad" thing was a crap reasoning in BS 1 already.

Archived