Advice for passing Calculus 2

TheRymanChu

• Members

Well, if you remember the basics of calc 1 most of calc 2 is new stuff, just built off the basics.

Also, not to be a tool or anything, but I've taken 5 college calc courses and calc 2 was the hardest. Pay attention in class, ask questions, and definately do the homework.

• Members

Well, if you remember the basics of calc 1 most of calc 2 is new stuff, just built off the basics.

Also, not to be a tool or anything, but I've taken 5 college calc courses and calc 2 was the hardest. Pay attention in class, ask questions, and definately do the homework.

Seconded...calc 2 was the hardest out of the first three and diff eq as far as im concerned...best thing i ever did was make friends with other students in the class who are dedicated. hard study sessions before exams with these newfound friends, also utilize the campus' tutoring center as well if its free like ours was...

• Members

Whenever you take a test, answer each question correctly. :thu:

Sorry, mang ~ couldn't resist. I've never been there, so I have nothing useful to say. In fact, you know what? I wasn't even here. This post does not exist. Ignore the little man behind the curtain....

• Members

Seconded...calc 2 was the hardest out of the first three and diff eq as far as im concerned...best thing i ever did was make friends with other students in the class who are dedicated. hard study sessions before exams with these newfound friends, also utilize the campus' tutoring center as well if its free like ours was...

definitely.

Theres so really weird concepts in calc 2, like comparing infinite sets and integrating functions around an axis. Some funky stuff.

• Members

This is more eng/sci based buy get a copy of k.a. stroud engineering mathmatics and go cover to cover. lots of worked examples. lots of practice questions, some with workings.

Is this book just Calc 1 and 2 or does it go beyond, because I'm not ready for that.

Bob Vila, the on-campus tutoring idea, I was definitely leaning towards.

• Members

I'm getting ready to graduate and I'm taking Calc II again. I used AP cred. for Calc 1, got a D in Calc 2, C in Calc 3, and a C in Diff Eq (i never went to class my first couple years). I just realized over summer that my math GPA was too low to graduate so I'm using my first grade forgiveness to retake the class. It's much easier the second time around.

• Members

I took Calc 1 ten years ago, and I need to pass Calc 2 for grad school. Does anyone have any advice on websites, dvds, books, videos, etc?

I feel your pain and the sleepless nights. :cry:

Honestly, the biggest thing that helped me was to not bother using a calculator. I think that was the biggest thing that help me visualize the math in my head. I only used it to check my self.

• Members

I dominated Calculus in university because I spent as much time as I could in the prof's office asking questions and getting clarification. I also helped shave her back and spent many a quiet Saturday afternoon watching Hallmark movies and rubbing her feet.

• Members

Calc2, yikes. Took it twice (dropped it once). Helped to meet with a group of classmates and go over, in painstaking detail, every homework problem that was given out...

For me the concepts were not too hard to grasp (basically the opposite of Calc1), the advanced algebra and trig were tough..

Diff EQ's was the only math class that I took that I actually did well in (B+).

Archived