Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i somehow managed to do better in Pchem than i did in calc 1 or 2.

Pchem is pretty much just calc 3, which i never took
    got a question about TITAN amps? ask me
    here

my website

TITAN AMPS on myspace

My band:Last Comes Gunfire

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/user/khanacademy

Best teacher ever

Exactly -- glad I'm not the only one who knows about him. His enthusiasm is infectious, his knowlege staggering, his generousity inspiring.
      The community here was awesome but the digs & spirit of the place has been in decline ever since it became a business venture rather than a simple collective and this latest gong show really brought the chickens home to roost.Necessity is the mother of invention, ergo: www.guitarampboard.com.So long and thanks for all the fish, love izzy.

Comment

Exactly -- glad I'm not the only one who knows about him. His enthusiasm is infectious, his knowlege staggering, his generousity inspiring.

This, his website is an extremely helpful tool. Everybody says Calc 2 is the hardest but I would disagree, I think what makes Calc 2 hard is that you really need a solid foundation in algebra as well as trig. A lot of people who scraped by in those classes will likely struggle in Calc 2 as most mistakes will be algebraic mistakes. Calc 2 will expose people with weak math foundations faster than any other Calc class.
        Originally Posted by rushtallica

A personal goal of mine is to pull off simultaneously duckwalking & windmilling while using someone else's teeth as a pick while playing one of the Jimi Gibson strats through an exploding Bugera.

Originally Posted by OverDriven

I like a little thickness. After all, the angle of the dangle is proportionate to the cube of the boob times the mass of the ass. This, of course, doesn't take into account the sag of the bag.

Comment

I also agree that Calc 2 is the hardest of them. It is all the weird Integration techniques and the infinite series stuff.

I would hit the math center on campus before the class starts and get a brush-up on the basics of Calc 1, and go from there. Generally these classes require doing lots of practice problems, preferably with a solutions manual so you can learn the problems backwards from the answer to the problem.
          Mesa Triple Recto
          Marshall 2203 Clone
          Axe-FX/POD HD500

Comment

This, his website is an extremely helpful tool. Everybody says Calc 2 is the hardest but I would disagree, I think what makes Calc 2 hard is that you really need a solid foundation in algebra as well as trig. A lot of people who scraped by in those classes will likely struggle in Calc 2 as most mistakes will be algebraic mistakes. Calc 2 will expose people with weak math foundations faster than any other Calc class.

I think what makes it hard is it is more abstract. You have all the substitutions all over the place, and it is easy to get lost in the middle. It is more "all over the place" where you have to keep leaving the main problem, going off and doing small problems, then returning back to the main problem. You need good organization
            Mesa Triple Recto
            Marshall 2203 Clone
            Axe-FX/POD HD500

Comment

I also agree that Calc 2 is the hardest of them. It is all the weird Integration techniques and the infinite series stuff.

I would hit the math center on campus before the class starts and get a brush-up on the basics of Calc 1, and go from there. Generally these classes require doing lots of practice problems, preferably with a solutions manual so you can learn the problems backwards from the answer to the problem.

I would probably recommend he should even think about taking Calc 1 again since it has been 10 years since he's had calculus. Your Calc 1 skills have to be solid to handle Calc 2 because the teacher will not back track. Calc 2 will challenge your problem solving skills to an extreme.

A personal goal of mine is to pull off simultaneously duckwalking & windmilling while using someone else's teeth as a pick while playing one of the Jimi Gibson strats through an exploding Bugera.

I like a little thickness. After all, the angle of the dangle is proportionate to the cube of the boob times the mass of the ass. This, of course, doesn't take into account the sag of the bag.

Comment

http://www.amazon.com/Forgotten-Calculus-Barbara-Bleau-Ph-D/dp/0764119982

Comment

I think what makes it hard is it is more abstract. You have all the substitutions all over the place, and it is easy to get lost in the middle. It is more "all over the place" where you have to keep leaving the main problem, going off and doing small problems, then returning back to the main problem. You need good organization

The biggest thing is your approach to the problems in Calc 2, you better know integrals(patterns) well so you can recognize these patterns so you'll have an understanding of how to approch problems. Practice is the key.

Comment

The main thing that helped me was having an awesome teacher that explained problems very well. That and taking my time with each problem - not rushing.

-D
                    Everyone's Here -> GUITARAMPBOARD.COMGUITARAMPBOARD.COMGUITARAMPBOARD .COMGUITARAMPBOARD.COMGUITARAMPBOARD.COMGUITARAMPB OARD.COM

Comment

i somehow managed to do better in Pchem than i did in calc 1 or 2.

Pchem is pretty much just calc 3, which i never took

ugg, particle in a box and triple integrals, phuck... that... ****************...
                      "The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
                      Good Transactions List
                      Amp clips

Comment

Taking it right now. It seems to be okay thus far, but we have not taken a test yet. My teacher is an old guy, and he doesnt really seem to know calculus all that well, which i think will help me pass the class, since he will only put problems he can work on the test. i hope that doesnt screw me in calc 3 though.
                        Good Deals with: spitfireme123, lovEd, benintexas, eor, rydia is hot, BloodBros, downer01, rabbot13, mewithoutlouie, Faldoe, VTM, thesockmonster, Dark Aegis, Unclemeat, Snare227, tashiattack, joaocunha

Agile Al-3000
                        Peters Gryphon
                        Mesa Traditional 4x12

Check out my band, it would be greatly appreciated

www.myspace.com/velaofficial

Comment

Taking it right now. It seems to be okay thus far, but we have not taken a test yet. My teacher is an old guy, and he doesnt really seem to know calculus all that well, which i think will help me pass the class, since he will only put problems he can work on the test. i hope that doesnt screw me in calc 3 though.

Calc 3 is more about being in 3 dimensions. It really doesnt use anything you learn in Calc 2.
                          Mesa Triple Recto
                          Marshall 2203 Clone
                          Axe-FX/POD HD500

Comment

Calc 3 is more about being in 3 dimensions. It really doesnt use anything you learn in Calc 2.

iterated/multiple integrals (calc III) are just a generalization of single integrals (calc II)...
                            JEMMY PAEG BAST GETAR EVR!!

ESP LTD Alexi Laiho 600 Blacky w/ BKP Warpig -
                            JACKSON RR24M w/ EM 81
                            Baron Custom K2 SE
                            EHX Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker - $50 shipped
                            MXR 10-Band EQ -
                            MILLS Acoustics 4x12 Afterburner Straight Cab

Good deals with: Wassupg, CarpeDiem, leod_74, zimbloth (from sevenstring), Morgray, Guiary, MRAAJR, rockridge98 (Rigtalk), PaulyPanacea(Rigtalk), The Fantod

Comment

iterated/multiple integrals (calc III) are just a generalization of single integrals (calc II)...

Yeah, it is a continuation, but in my case, we stuck with the simple integrals you learn in Calc 1. At that point, you are tested on your understanding of the 3 dimensions, not your ability to integrate difficult integrals.
                              Mesa Triple Recto
                              Marshall 2203 Clone
                              Axe-FX/POD HD500

Comment

Yeah, it is a continuation, but in my case, we stuck with the simple integrals you learn in Calc 1. At that point, you are tested on your understanding of the 3 dimensions, not your ability to integrate difficult integrals.

Nothing says understanding 3d space like a nice fat triple integral...
                                JEMMY PAEG BAST GETAR EVR!!

ESP LTD Alexi Laiho 600 Blacky w/ BKP Warpig -
                                JACKSON RR24M w/ EM 81
                                Baron Custom K2 SE
                                EHX Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker - $50 shipped
                                MXR 10-Band EQ -
                                MILLS Acoustics 4x12 Afterburner Straight Cab

Good deals with: Wassupg, CarpeDiem, leod_74, zimbloth (from sevenstring), Morgray, Guiary, MRAAJR, rockridge98 (Rigtalk), PaulyPanacea(Rigtalk), The Fantod

Comment

Working...
                                X