Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advice for passing Calculus 2

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm getting ready to graduate and I'm taking Calc II again. I used AP cred. for Calc 1, got a D in Calc 2, C in Calc 3, and a C in Diff Eq (i never went to class my first couple years). I just realized over summer that my math GPA was too low to graduate so I'm using my first grade forgiveness to retake the class. It's much easier the second time around.
    I have a few amps, several pedals, and a few guitars.

Originally Posted by Roger Daltry

YEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!

Comment

I took Calc 1 ten years ago, and I need to pass Calc 2 for grad school. Does anyone have any advice on websites, dvds, books, videos, etc?

I feel your pain and the sleepless nights.

Honestly, the biggest thing that helped me was to not bother using a calculator. I think that was the biggest thing that help me visualize the math in my head. I only used it to check my self.
      "Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here’s Tom with the weather." Bill Hicks

Comment

Study.

And pray.
        ORANGE AMPS
        Good Deals

Winner "Best Multi-Amp Rig" 2012 BOTR

Originally Posted by Sex Panther

I never called myself "Love Panther" or "Commitment Panther".

Formerly known as Dolflundgren

Comment

I didn't need Calc 2 before, but Master's in Data Mining requires it as a prereq.

Comment

Everyone says calc 2 is the hardest here at NDSU. Seriously, do the problems the teacher assigns. And if you don't full understand it, do the ones they didn't assign. Calculus is a bitch like that.
            Good deals with: Erock503, Somedayrockstar, ryan2318, Clonexx, alexmack, Naterel
            my band: http://www.facebook.com/TheSkyApart

Comment

I dominated Calculus in university because I spent as much time as I could in the prof's office asking questions and getting clarification. I also helped shave her back and spent many a quiet Saturday afternoon watching Hallmark movies and rubbing her feet.
              Originally Posted by Aibric

I've seen goatse so many times that it long ago lost its shock value. Now its kind of nostalgic. I see it and think of those bygone days when seeing a man spread his own anus impossibly wide disturbed me to the core.

F e n d e r || P R S || P e t e r s || B u d d a

Comment

Calc2, yikes. Took it twice (dropped it once). Helped to meet with a group of classmates and go over, in painstaking detail, every homework problem that was given out...

For me the concepts were not too hard to grasp (basically the opposite of Calc1), the advanced algebra and trig were tough..

Diff EQ's was the only math class that I took that I actually did well in (B+).

Comment

get a tutor. do your homework and any extra work the professor will recommend. my problem was always that everything made perfect sense when the tutor/prof was doing the problems, but i had a real hard time making sense of them on my own.
                  got a question about TITAN amps? ask me
                  here

my website

TITAN AMPS on myspace

My band:Last Comes Gunfire

Comment

Get the right teacher.
                    You're Foolish Before You're Wise.

Comment

in calc 2 as we speak as well.

got a D+ first last semester.

worst grade i've ever gotten, need C- for credit.

hardest college class i've ever taken.

(got a B on the first test though! woo!)
                      -Sky

Spam:

WTB:Boss Rv-3, Roger Linn Adrenalinn III

Comment

Get the right teacher.

basically this.

as i stated above, got ripped to pieces last semester in it. Had a horrible bitch old lady professor.

this time around I have a cool young professor, thus, B on first test.
                        -Sky

Spam:

WTB:Boss Rv-3, Roger Linn Adrenalinn III

Comment

I never went to class for calc 1, 3, or 4. Never did the homework either. Passed them.

Calc 2 was responsible for my first 5 gray hairs.

http://tutorial.math.lamar.edu/

I used that website for calc 3, 4 and linear algebra. That guy is amazing.
                          www.godlyke.com

Distributor for:
                          Power-All System
                          Maxon
                          HAO Handbuilt
                          EMMA
                          Guyatone
                          Totally Wycked Audio (TWA)
                          Chunk Systems

For Sales and Customer Service questions/issues, please email info@godlyke.com

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/user/khanacademy

Best teacher ever
                            From first to last
                            The peak is never passed
                            Something always fires the light that gets in your eyes
                            One moment's high, and glory rolls on by
                            Like a streak of lightning
                            That flashes and fades in the summer sky

"my gear list"
                            -GMW Superstrat
                            -Ibanez RG3120
                            -LTD M2

"You can take the man out of the 80's, but you can't take the 80's out of the man" - Paul Gilbert

Comment

They let me "test out" of Calc 2
                              MFPOMFS

♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♪ ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪ ♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪ ♫♪♫♪♫♪

Comment

get a tutor. do your homework and any extra work the professor will recommend. my problem was always that everything made perfect sense when the tutor/prof was doing the problems, but i had a real hard time making sense of them on my own.

That's pretty much the problem that I have. When the prof is teaching it makes perfect sense to me. When I have access to the notes and book, then I can do homework no problem. But, when it comes test time, ****************.

Comment

Working...
                                X