Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice for passing Calculus 2

I took Calc 1 ten years ago, and I need to pass Calc 2 for grad school. Does anyone have any advice on websites, dvds, books, videos, etc?

Well, if you remember the basics of calc 1 most of calc 2 is new stuff, just built off the basics.

Also, not to be a tool or anything, but I've taken 5 college calc courses and calc 2 was the hardest. Pay attention in class, ask questions, and definately do the homework.
    Guitars:Gibson Les Paul Standard FadedFender Roadworn '72 Deluxe TelecasterKramer StrikerAmplification:Titan Custom RetrofitRandall R412CSOfficial member of the Ninja Lows club

Comment

Well, if you remember the basics of calc 1 most of calc 2 is new stuff, just built off the basics.

Also, not to be a tool or anything, but I've taken 5 college calc courses and calc 2 was the hardest. Pay attention in class, ask questions, and definately do the homework.

Seconded...calc 2 was the hardest out of the first three and diff eq as far as im concerned...best thing i ever did was make friends with other students in the class who are dedicated. hard study sessions before exams with these newfound friends, also utilize the campus' tutoring center as well if its free like ours was...
      Current Rig:
      Mark IVA Rackmount
      GMajor 2
      FCB1010
      2x12 GFlex - Emi Swamp Thangs
      2x12 GFlex - G12H-100s
      Ibanez S 2170 SE - EMG 85/81 18V mod
      Ibanez S 520 WNF - EMG 85/81

Stable:
      Mark IVB Combo
      Peavey 5150 (block letter)
      Crate V3112
      4x12 Avatar Trad

Comment

Whenever you take a test, answer each question correctly.

Sorry, mang ~ couldn't resist. I've never been there, so I have nothing useful to say. In fact, you know what? I wasn't even here. This post does not exist. Ignore the little man behind the curtain....
        Originally Posted by nightflameauto

You'd think the guy that argues faith as logic would let us all believe in the unicorn.

Originally Posted by draelyc

None of you understand. I'm not locked up in here posting to you. You're locked up in here posting to me.

Originally Posted by LoopQuantum

I'm helping you, for the future. This way, instead of humping life's doorknobs, you'll perhaps someday open one.

Originally Posted by nightflameauto

Hardvalve is like Nelo without the class or intelligence.
        Think about that and try not to get an aneurysm from it.

BLOG!
        TUNES!

Comment

Seconded...calc 2 was the hardest out of the first three and diff eq as far as im concerned...best thing i ever did was make friends with other students in the class who are dedicated. hard study sessions before exams with these newfound friends, also utilize the campus' tutoring center as well if its free like ours was...

definitely.

Theres so really weird concepts in calc 2, like comparing infinite sets and integrating functions around an axis. Some funky stuff.
          Guitars:Gibson Les Paul Standard FadedFender Roadworn '72 Deluxe TelecasterKramer StrikerAmplification:Titan Custom RetrofitRandall R412CSOfficial member of the Ninja Lows club

Comment

This is more eng/sci based buy get a copy of k.a. stroud engineering mathmatics and go cover to cover. lots of worked examples. lots of practice questions, some with workings.
            DCC Engineering. Custom Cabs and Effects.

Originally Posted by -Assy-

Okay I summed up this entire thread in three posts. Let's go home and beat our children.

Comment

Study
              Try schaum's outline, I always get those for my classes

Comment

cheat

Comment

This is more eng/sci based buy get a copy of k.a. stroud engineering mathmatics and go cover to cover. lots of worked examples. lots of practice questions, some with workings.

Is this book just Calc 1 and 2 or does it go beyond, because I'm not ready for that.

Bob Vila, the on-campus tutoring idea, I was definitely leaning towards.

Comment

Try schaum's outline, I always get those for my classes

What is Schaum's outline?

Comment

This will help you!
                      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Great Deal(s) With - LoFiBrian, eyeball987

Comment

This will help you!

Red bull doesn't affect me any more. I may have to get amphetamines.

Comment

What is Schaum's outline?

A book for practicing problems. It also explains the material (not as in depth as a text book) and they usually have some good tricks in there. Also, a lot problems I get on tests have come straight from those books.

Comment

A book for practicing problems. It also explains the material (not as in depth as a text book) and they usually have some good tricks in there. Also, a lot problems I get on tests have come straight from those books.

Good tip. Thanks

Comment

cheat

this.

calculus is useless, sort of.
                              - Adam

Comment

Working...
                              X