GODZILLA!!!!! Bogner Metropolis clip.

Marshallmel

• Members

godzilla2000.jpg

Awsome playing and song choice :thu:

I still have every movie up to like 1998 I believe on VHS and have the newer ones on DVD. Although the newer ones are nowhere as good(different director and all)

I own a bunch of other "big monster" movies too

Remember gorgo? Englands wannabe Godzilla :lol:

• Members

Typical EL84 class A type sound. The tone is amazing but I'm having trouble getting a good recording of just the amp. Painfully loud too. Doesn't have a ton of gain either. That's where the OCD comes in.

Like a Vox AC30, Marshall DSL 401, or a Peavey Classic 30?

There are a large number of EL84 powered amps (most of them claiming Class-A operation, however they are all Class AB...)

Just sayin...

• Members

Like a Vox AC30, Marshall DSL 401, or a Peavey Classic 30?

There are a large number of EL84 powered amps (most of them claiming Class-A operation, however they are all Class AB...)

Just sayin...

Like none of those really. It has it's own thing going on. If I had to pick one I'd say it has kind of a Vox flavor. Point to point ,hand wired and it is true class A operation.

• Members

When was your first day of work at Bogner?

Not to {censored} on you much but comparing a Metropolis to a DSL401 or a Peavey classic 30 shows how much of a noob you really are.

+1.

Awesome when i think it then a few minutes later someone else types it so i don't look like an asshole lol. Not calling you an a-hole mel, that's just me.

• Members

When was your first day of work at Bogner?

Not to {censored} on you much but comparing a Metropolis to a DSL401 or a Peavey classic 30 shows how much of a noob you really are.

http://www.aikenamps.com/ClassA.htm

Read the article.

Then tell me that it's Class A because Bogner says it is...again.:rolleyes:

...and...FWIW, you said it has "typical EL84 Class A tone" - I was illustrating that there is no "typical EL84 Class A tone" - because those three amps all use 4 EL84's, and are marketed as EL84 Class A amps, and sound COMPLETELY different.

I also forgot on - the Orange AD30HTC...there's yet another 4xEL84 amp.

• Members

to most players who know amps, you say 'el84 class a tone' and vox is the first thing to come to mind. It's kind of very common knowledge. keep noobin it up noobster.

Vox is Class A?

:cop:

I've got an AX84 Hi Octane that I built - and it is Class A EL84. Doesn't sound like a Vox, or any other Class AB EL84 amp...

• Members

My OCD isn't set up as a distortion pedal. I keep the gain low and the level high. Sure it colors the tone a little but it's not a night and day thing when disengaging it. I could do the same clip with the RC Booster which doesn't color your tone at all and get similar results.

• Members

My OCD isn't set up as a distortion pedal. I keep the gain low and the level high. Sure it colors the tone a little but it's not a night and day thing when disengaging it. I could do the same clip with the RC Booster which doesn't color your tone at all and get similar results.

I don't care what setup you do as long as you keep playing that song!

:thu:

:wave:

Archived