What's the Amp Modelling software?

Neilrocks25

• Members

OK I need to get may ass back to Japan soon, so I may have to sell My AXE-FX.

Disclaimer. this breaks my heart as I really really like it (axe-Fx) a lot, but I miss my wife and son so much I have to get back to see them.

I am still hoping I wont have to sell it.

So what's the best Amp Modelling software to tide me over till I get another amp and hopefully another Axe-FX

I am looking at

AmpliTube

Guitar Rig

ReValver

What else?

Oh I prefer mid gain JCM800 like tones...

Also I hate line-{censored}s crappy software it has to be a lot better than that. (I still have my toneport)

Cheers

Neil

• Members

OK I need to get may ass back to Japan soon, so I may have to sell My AXE-FX.

Disclaimer
. this breaks my heart as I really really like it (axe-Fx) a lot, but I miss my wife and son so much I have to get back to see them.

I am still hoping I wont have to sell it.

So what's the best Amp Modelling software to tide me over till I get another amp and hopefully another Axe-FX

I am looking at

AmpliTube

Guitar Rig

ReValver

What else?

Oh I prefer mid gain JCM800 like tones...

Also I hate line-{censored}s crappy software it has to be a lot better than that. (I still have my toneport)

Cheers

Neil

revalver has a downloadable demo you can try. It has a way more in depth interface than the axe fx though. It allows you to change components if memory serves me correctly.

Actually I think all 3 have demo's. Just give them a try or you can look for the free ones that don't come bundled together neatly.

• Members

I like Amplitube 3.. I used to use Guitar Rig 4 but two nights ago I installed amplitube 3 and was blown away by some of the sounds i was getting.. This is now my goto amp modeler

I have revaler but haven't messed with it much. I need to reformat my PC soon and when I get things back to normal I will give it a serious try too. I believe revaler is the most tweakable software modeler out there which is both a good thing and bad thing IMO.. You might spend so much time tweaking the software you spend very little time playing...:facepalm:

• Members

I use a combination Guitar Rig 4, Amplitube 3, Softube Vintage/Metal amp room and the amp sims included with Logic Pro 9. They're all great, they fit in different mixes and have different applications. I ilke GR4 for just jamming around though, the effects on it are fantastic. Most of my tracks end up with the Softube models and my AC30 miced.

• Members
I use a combination Guitar Rig 4, Amplitube 3, Softube Vintage/Metal amp room and the amp sims included with Logic Pro 9. They're all great, they fit in different mixes and have different applications.

This is pretty sound, but as a fellow :snax: user you may be interested to know that I use Amplitube 3 at home if I ever leave my Axe at the studio (not very often, but occasionally happens).

Obviously none of these plug-ins comes close to the plastic creaminess of the :snax:, but Amplitube is my preferred software plug-in out of the ones I've tried (includes GR4, Revalver, Softube Vintage/Metal and the Logic 9 amp sims). I prefer the way it can be made to sound and I prefer the interface. JMHO, YMMV etc, etc.

Sorry to hear you have to sell the Axe, but nice to see you have your priorities right. Good luck mate.

• Members

I like the cheaper version of Revalver (HP), actually running into a tubescreamer before the card, though I only like the 6505/+ models. I also like the free one that starts with TX followed by some numbers that's based on an Engl preamp. I run a graphic eq before that one sometimes. I'm admittedly not very good at putting things together with the favorite cabs/impulses most people use and don't like the results much from anything I've tried other than the Revalver and TX ones.

• Members
So they are multi voltage for when I move countries and will fit in my laptop
:cop:

Anything with a wall wart should be multi voltage?
Just get a 110v power supply.
(You don`t like Line6, but the bean runs on a PSU)

FWIW, my ancient original Pod actually sounds decent with a ts-9 in front.
It gets a clearer tighter signal, and it really helps.

I hope you get to see your family soon, Neil. I really don`t envy you the situation you`re in.

• Members

Anything with a wall wart should be multi voltage?

Just get a 110v power supply.

(You don`t like Line6, but the bean runs on a PSU)

FWIW, my ancient original Pod actually sounds decent with a ts-9 in front.

It gets a clearer tighter signal, and it really helps.

I hope you get to see your family soon, Neil. I really don`t envy you the situation you`re in.

GSP1101 doesn't have a wall wart.

Archived