Santana Fail

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Santana > HCAF.

you're retarded man.

I do like Santana, but there is no way you can possibly claim this cover is good. It sounds like complete ****************, and while the solo isn't "bad" it surely doesn't make up for the horrendous ****************-up that is the rest of the song.

I don't see how any of you can even fathom standing up for this garbage. None of us are saying anything bad about santana as a musician...as I do like a lot of the stuff he has done over the years...but the majority of this cover album is complete and utter trash.

Also, I have nothing against rap/hip-hop and listen to it relatively frequently.
    Jackson KV2 USA snow white/black bevels
    ENGL Fireball
    MILLS Acoustics Afterburner 4x12B

Great transactions with: Shred-o-Holic

Originally Posted by Shenaniganizer

I don't break out the Maiden often enough to keep my bitch-ass in check with how awesome they are.

Comment

Santana was one of the best bands out there in the 70s, and he was one of the best guitar players. I used to have tremendous respect for him, but sadly, he just sounds like a wanter to me. Still, his version is better than this one.

Comment

Yes, but the big difference is AC DC and Aerosmith were musicians.

On a Behind the Music episode, Run DMC said when they first heard "Walk This Way", they called it "hillbilly ****************"...

That qualifies as a permanent WTF to me
        Stuff: Jackson Kelly w/SD JB/Jazz
        Randall RM100
        Carvin Legacy 4x12 cab
        Pod XT Live
        BBE Sonic Maximizer

I used to give a ****************, but the turd got smaller and smaller until there was no **************** left to give...

Comment

Santana lost it in the late 70's. Too much weed will drain your creativity AND your judgement!

Comment

Yes, but the big difference is AC DC and Aerosmith were musicians.

Originally Posted by nightflameauto

You'd think the guy that argues faith as logic would let us all believe in the unicorn.

Originally Posted by draelyc

None of you understand. I'm not locked up in here posting to you. You're locked up in here posting to me.

Originally Posted by LoopQuantum

I'm helping you, for the future. This way, instead of humping life's doorknobs, you'll perhaps someday open one.

Hardvalve is like Nelo without the class or intelligence.
            Think about that and try not to get an aneurysm from it.

BLOG!
            TUNES!

Comment

you're retarded man.

I do like Santana, but there is no way you can possibly claim this cover is good. It sounds like complete ****************, and while the solo isn't "bad" it surely doesn't make up for the horrendous ****************-up that is the rest of the song.

I don't see how any of you can even fathom standing up for this garbage. None of us are saying anything bad about santana as a musician...as I do like a lot of the stuff he has done over the years...but the majority of this cover album is complete and utter trash.

Also, I have nothing against rap/hip-hop and listen to it relatively frequently.

That doesn't mean you aren't wrong. In fact, calling other people "retarded" suggests the opposite.

You'd think the guy that argues faith as logic would let us all believe in the unicorn.

None of you understand. I'm not locked up in here posting to you. You're locked up in here posting to me.

I'm helping you, for the future. This way, instead of humping life's doorknobs, you'll perhaps someday open one.

BLOG!
              TUNES!

Comment

I didn't dislike it because it was rap. I disliked it because I personally thought it sucked and didn't sound good.

Originally Posted by TheEternal

Can't you just let Jesus melt your face?

Originally Posted by Neilrocks25

life's too short not to eat bee's

Good Transactions

Peavey Bravo 112, Acoustic Control Corp 150 (x2), Peavey VTM120, Mesa Metal Grille Halfback 2x12, Tubeworks vert 2x12, Peavey 1810
                Godin SD24, Squier Standard Strat, Ibanez "Millenium" Destroyer, Agile 3100, Squier Classic Vibe Tele, Peavey Reactor

Fix Congress First

Comment

I think this is much worse than the AC/DC cover.

Comment

I didn't dislike it because it was rap. I disliked it because I personally thought it sucked and didn't sound good.

Well, that's fair... diff'rent strokes.

BLOG!
                    TUNES!

Comment

Neal Schon> Santa Ana!
                      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Great Deal(s) With - LoFiBrian, eyeball987

Comment

Just listen to the way the lyrics are delivered. They aren't sung; they're essentially "rapped" ~ it's much more about the rhythm and impact of the syllables than pitch or notes.

Aerosmith's "Walk This Way" was the same kind o' thing, which is I'm sure why RunDMC chose to cover the tune, gnome sane?
                        I agree with Dr drae. The original has very much a rapped delivery.
                        tlbonehead@yahoo.com
                        www.myspace.com/tbone_tommy
                        -For Sale:
                        -set of GFS Dream 90s- gold and black pearl- $40 shipped in the cont. US
                        -(2) Celestion G12M-70 16 ohm guitar speakers in good condition $40 ea. + shipping.
                        - Vox VT15 Valvetronix very clean - $85 + shipping
                        - Hughes Kettner Edition Tube 20 (the early Voxy sounding one) Sounds & looks good. $250 + shipping. SOLD
                        - Crate Palomino V8 - 10" Celestion - Very clean - on Ebay (sold)

Comment

That doesn't mean you aren't wrong. In fact, calling other people "retarded" suggests the opposite.
                          tlbonehead@yahoo.com
                          www.myspace.com/tbone_tommy
                          -For Sale:
                          -set of GFS Dream 90s- gold and black pearl- $40 shipped in the cont. US
                          -(2) Celestion G12M-70 16 ohm guitar speakers in good condition $40 ea. + shipping.
                          - Vox VT15 Valvetronix very clean - $85 + shipping
                          - Hughes Kettner Edition Tube 20 (the early Voxy sounding one) Sounds & looks good. $250 + shipping. SOLD
                          - Crate Palomino V8 - 10" Celestion - Very clean - on Ebay (sold)

Comment

Carlos played at Woodstock, is a multi-millionaire Grammy winning artist with tons of custom endorsments, making albums and touring the world, and has his own Charitable organization giving back.

Also Mesa Boogie got it's name after they delivered one of the first amps to Carlos, and he said "man that thing really Boogies"

Meanwhile HC is full of wankers arguing for hours if not days on a computer because it's all about them.

Santana does more musically in a year than most people do in a lifetime.
                            I endorse Laura & Valve Queen tubes, you should too.Marshall, Gibson, Fender, Charvel/Jackson."I'm happy to pay my tech $40 bucks to take the Zap for me."One kick-butt deal with johnpace2 Dave Friedman of RACKSYSTEMS is a genius.After the Firebird X, i'm quite convinced Henry Juszkiewicz is crazy.Member of the JMP Hall of Fame.

Comment

Rap music IS music. The lyrical delivery is just unique to its genre. Why is that so hard to grasp?

No

Comment

I would venture to guess that they are counting their royalty money and don't care what santana does to it.

I would venture a guess that your ventured guess is correct.
                                HD Kemper Demo Videos for your brain!

PRS SE Baritone FS - $525 with PRS gig bag

Originally Posted by Billyblades

I am anarchy ! You sir, are an ****************************!

Originally Posted by K-Bizzle

All that said, I'm still a jackass.

Originally Posted by ComOp

The first rule of HCAF is that you ****************ing die in a fire.

Originally Posted by Nerine 8/2/2011

Not a ****************ing chance. Seriously. Sig it bishes

Musics: http://soundcloud.com/valtiel

Good deals with: Killing Nevada, Weathered, sam adams, JohnathanD, missingastring, thefyn, Killzone, LoopQuantum, MR MARCUS

Comment

Working...
                                X