JCA100 Lead tone direct test

guitarbilly74

• Members

So guys.. I've been working on getting my direct tone better based on the suggestions I got on the previous thread... just recorded this quickly, just a clean guitar and a lead tone.. is this any better than the previous recording I posted??

More tips and suggestions please :)

http://www.netmusicians.org/files/47-jca.mp3

• Members

Sounds great man. Your base tones sound great. As far as the recording end of it... it's totally mono so you could easily have a better mix by changing that clean a bit. Either delay one side a bit and EQ a bit different, or play a slightly dif variation of the same thing on the other side and pan them. Only other thing I'd do is maybe EQ the leads low mids a TINY bit. Sounds nice and full but you could kill a little cloudiness and still have it sound just as full.

Great clip and playing.

• Members

Sounds great man. Your base tones sound great. As far as the recording end of it... it's totally mono so you could easily have a better mix by changing that clean a bit. Either delay one side a bit and EQ a bit different, or play a slightly dif variation of the same thing on the other side and pan them. Only other thing I'd do is maybe EQ the leads low mids a TINY bit. Sounds nice and full but you could kill a little cloudiness and still have it sound just as full.

Great clip and playing.

Thanks man, exactly the kind of feedback I'm looking for. I will give these tricks a try :thu:

• Members

Sounds great. Looks like those G-Sharps are hard to come by.

You can find them on ebay for under $100 BIN. Just keep checking the aby and one will come up. If you have simple effects needs they are hard to beat: great sounding effects, knobs instead of menus, super fast patch switching and it comes a nice footcontroller.

Also I have noticed that the JCA loops work really well with TC units.

• Members

My media players are all set to repeat so after listening to this it's just been running in the background as I've been working on stuff. Wanted to come back and say that is a seriously killer lead tone. Has a great balance while still being thick. Excellent, ESPECIALLY for being direct.

• Members

My media players are all set to repeat so after listening to this it's just been running in the background as I've been working on stuff. Wanted to come back and say that is a seriously killer lead tone. Has a great balance while still being thick. Excellent, ESPECIALLY for being direct.

Thanks man!!! :love:

• Members

Really nice Billy! That Red Box is great. Is it generally considered here to be the best affordable product of this kind?

It's a great product for a good price for what it does. Once you get the direct signal out to the computer there are tons of great impulses that can be used to model different speakers/mics etc. I'll actually be making {censored}loads of those soon for anyone that may wants them. Mesa cabs with Royer R121, AT4050, SM57, MD421, Rode NTK, Audix i5 and some others at various distances and locations on the speaker.

BTW well done on these amps! I haven't ever spoken to you before but I've become seriously impressed with them after hearing some of these clips. Excellent job at and excellent price point.

• Members

I think so. Behringer has a copy of it (Ultra G) and it sounds very similar (I have both) but unfortunately, my Behringer unit is no longer working
:o

Really helps you with that cooking tubes sound... unfortunately once it starts doing that you only get a good 12 or 13 seconds before it catches on fire. :o

Archived