Need to beef up my JSX tone. Overdrive pedal maybe?

rockguitar2000

• Members

4x12 = Beef.
:snax:

G-Flex 2x12 = as much beef as a 4x12, it's ported and brings plenty of bottom with it.

I find it rather strange OP that you feel the JSX doesn't have enough saturation/beef, it's got gobs of it on the ultra channel IMHO. Maybe you should look at the XXX/3120 instead? Another option is perhaps higher gain rated preamp tubes, some (good) vendors can test and select some for you.

• Members

G-Flex 2x12 = as much beef as a 4x12, it's ported and brings plenty of bottom with it.

I find it rather strange OP that you feel the JSX doesn't have enough saturation/beef, it's got gobs of it on the ultra channel IMHO. Maybe you should look at the XXX/3120 instead? Another option is perhaps higher gain rated preamp tubes, some (good) vendors can test and select some for you.

4 speaks push moar air than two, at least mine do.

I know all about Genz products, not impressed.

• Members

4 speaks push moar air than two, at least mine do.

I know all about Genz products, not impressed.

Meh, heard plenty of 4x12's in my lifetime and still say the Genz-Benz does just as well, being it's an oversized, ported 2x12 to boot... But yea that's cool, your loss bro. :wave:

• Members
Meh, heard plenty of 4x12's in my lifetime and still say the Genz-Benz does just as well, being it's an oversized, ported 2x12 to boot... But yea that's cool, your loss bro.
:wave:

In a band the only thing that cuts are mids, low end wont do much.:cop:I just wish i was 20 years younger so i could throw around my 4x12 cabs like i used to.:facepalm:

• Members

turn it up.

+1

Our tube amps are meant to be run on 11, crank the master, crank the channel volume, put in the ear plugs & make sure the little ones are bolted down!

I'd've said just put a quality set of 6L6s in, IMO the XXX/JSX (and their chinese twins 333/333XL) sound best with 6L6s in them. And then turn it UP!

Derek

Archived