Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Announcement

Harmony Central has “soft launched” our new mobile experience this past week. While we have done extensive testing, we know that with a community as large as HC that there will be items that surface that will still need to be addressed. We are asking that you utilize the thread belowto report any challenges you may encounter. Here are the things we request you provide: A brief description of the issue, the device and operating system version you were using, the browser and version, screen resolution, and a screen shot of the display.
Thanks for your patience as we work towards the best experience we can provide to our community.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...ablet-feedback
See more
See less

Kirk Hammet.......

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

**************** the haters lol. Hes still sure as **************** better than I will probably ever be lol. I think hes pretty damn good. Its all relative, I guess.
    <div class="signaturecontainer">Peavey ESP DiMarzio<br />
    <br />
    <a href="http://www.valvequeen.com/" target="_blank">I get my tubes from ValveQueen...you should too!!</a><br />
    <br />
    <a href="http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showpost.php?p=38462822&amp;postcount=265" target="_blank">Good Transactions</a></div>

Comment

**************** the haters lol. Hes still sure as **************** better than I will probably ever be lol. I think hes pretty damn good. Its all relative, I guess.

He beat out mave for the job so he can't be too bad.
      i do like his early work better though.
      <div class="signaturecontainer">&quot;<font color="Red"> &quot;Best toan in teh land&quot; - champion</font><br />
      <br />
      Good Buyers/Sellers :Mikenothing , SirKonks,Dimebag11 x2,Dropped_2_c,Boris the Blade,thefyn,MrSandman,Gabe15,GuidanceOfSin,shane1 59 X2,Mparsons,rabott13,warplangrey,iamthearm, SkyHighRocks,RobotBodiesBFF,Tu Be x2,IanDOL,Fridgit,Jim Ansell ,GutterMouth,LionHeaRT07 ,Zao X2,m3at,Bluesman001,Khoifish321,thinkpad20,vangkm, juice,phatgirl,Trembulant,knope , Knucklefux, pfapin,rareguitar,donsimon76, again with this, Jerry Dyer, eagertokill,rugbyguitargod</div>

Comment

He beat out mave for the job so he can't be too bad.
        i do like his early work better though.

Yeah, I agree. RTL solos were epic.
        <div class="signaturecontainer">Peavey ESP DiMarzio<br />
        <br />
        <a href="http://www.valvequeen.com/" target="_blank">I get my tubes from ValveQueen...you should too!!</a><br />
        <br />
        <a href="http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showpost.php?p=38462822&amp;postcount=265" target="_blank">Good Transactions</a></div>

Comment

He was cursed by Napster
          <div class="signaturecontainer"><b><font size="5"><div align="center">MFPOMFS</div></font></b><br />
          <br />
          ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫ ♪♫♪♫♪ ♫♪♫♪♫♪</div>

Comment

No, he has never sounded good or even mediocre. Ever.

But hey, he's a millionaire for playing like ****************, so good for him.

This.

The guy has no taste, almost non-existent rhythm, plays seemingly random notes, pulls the strings out of tune, can't bend in tune and has horrid vibrato. I would like The Unforgiven if it weren't for the sharp bends and the overall sloppiness of delivery.
            <div class="signaturecontainer"><b>Currently using:</b><br />
            Ibanez RG1570 (DiMarzio MegaDrive bridge) - Peavey Royal 8<br />
            <b>Board:</b><br />
            RMC Wizard Wah (2005)<br />
            EHX Small Stone (Big box)<br />
            Boss SD-1 (Modded by PedalMods UK, 3-way gain voicing selection)<br />
            Ernie Ball VP-JR<br />
            Boss DD-3 (1987)<br />
            T-Rex Fuel Tank Jr.<font color="Navy"><font color="Black"><br />
            </font><b><font color="Black">Good dealings with: yourguitarhero, woolyh<br />
            </font></b></font><font color="Black"><font size="3"><font color="DarkOrange"><br />
            </font></font></font></div>

Comment

This.

The guy has no taste, almost non-existent rhythm, plays seemingly random notes, pulls the strings out of tune, can't bend in tune and has horrid vibrato. I would like The Unforgiven if it weren't for the sharp bends and the overall sloppiness of delivery.

So he's the famous DJChrispy?

Comment

So he's the famous DJChrispy?

Chrispy > Hammett. Search your feelings; you know this to be true!

<div class="signaturecontainer"><b>Currently using:</b><br />
                Ibanez RG1570 (DiMarzio MegaDrive bridge) - Peavey Royal 8<br />
                <b>Board:</b><br />
                RMC Wizard Wah (2005)<br />
                EHX Small Stone (Big box)<br />
                Boss SD-1 (Modded by PedalMods UK, 3-way gain voicing selection)<br />
                Ernie Ball VP-JR<br />
                Boss DD-3 (1987)<br />
                T-Rex Fuel Tank Jr.<font color="Navy"><font color="Black"><br />
                </font><b><font color="Black">Good dealings with: yourguitarhero, woolyh<br />
                </font></b></font><font color="Black"><font size="3"><font color="DarkOrange"><br />
                </font></font></font></div>

Comment

Kurt Hamlet
                  <div class="signaturecontainer">Gear: '89 Jackson --&gt; Diezel Einstein combo. Lovetone and Moog pedals.</div>

Comment

I think so too. Bob Rock said that Hetfield just did them with an MXR+ pedal straight to the board!

No dude...it was a Metal Zone LOL! But seriously...I think he had alot of potential during RTL and Master but then it seemed like he just put it into neutral and grabbed a wah and that's all he does anymore. Sucks for someone that used to take lessons from Satriani.
                    <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="2"><font size="1"><font size="2"><font size="2"><font size="1">BC Rich Deluxe Jr. V w/ EMG's<br />
                    Ibanez RG3EX1 w/ Blackouts<br />
                    Yamaha Acoustic<br />
                    Peavey 5150 Signature Head<br />
                    Vader 2X12<br />
                    Misc Pedals &amp; Effects</font></font></font></font></font></div>

Comment

Well Metallica wrote some of the best songs in the history of metal and Hammett wrote in some of the best solos for those songs...May not be the best shredder/virtuoso but I bet anyone here would give anything to accomplish what he has.
                      <div class="signaturecontainer">Ibanez RG3520ZH <br />
                      <br />
                      <br />
                      UNLEASH TEH FURY!</div>

Comment

Definitely not a good guitarist because he uses the pentatonic scale instead of a Phrygian or Aoelian. The best guitarist use these scales. He also needs to reach with his pinky more or he's just not a very good guitarist. It's not about the raw energy or vibe it's about obscure scales and subjective difficulty levels. He's simply not that advanced. Jimmy Page did the same thing. He used a lot of pentatonic blues scales. It's really a shame. He could have been a good guitarist. Also, Iron Maiden's riffs need more work too. The riffs could be more complex and use more half diminished scale patterns, that would make them actually good. If only we could go fix these things. Trust me, I know because I'm sitting on my ass typing on a guitar forum.
                        <div class="signaturecontainer">Vince Aut Morire</div>

Comment

Definitely not a good guitarist because he uses the pentatonic scale instead of a Phrygian or Aoelian. The best guitarist use these scales. He also needs to reach with his pinky more or he's just not a very good guitarist. It's not about the raw energy or vibe it's about obscure scales and subjective difficulty levels. He's simply not that advanced. Jimmy Page did the same thing. He used a lot of pentatonic blues scales. It's really a shame. He could have been a good guitarist. Also, Iron Maiden's riffs need more work too. The riffs could be more complex and use more half diminished scale patterns, that would make them actually good. If only we could go fix these things. Trust me, I know because I'm sitting on my ass typing on a guitar forum.

LOL. I liked his work on the early stuff. I still say the solo on Trapped Under Ice is super bad ass. The later stuff is really bad, half the time he cannot even bend in tune, and just sounds bad. Wish I had his millions though.

Comment

Kirk never could bend in tune.

Comment

I like his earlier stuff. The solos on DM are just bad. When I play through the tab book, I avoid playing the solos, because they literally make me play worse for the rest of the session.

I'd love to hear Metallica from an alternate universe, where Marty had played with them instead of Kirk.
                              Good deals with: the avenger, Zepsongs, BryanFTWL, gibbyshibby, marshmi, Ovid9, emptyparadigm, thesockmonster, Krunch79, VoodooChild24, espdna, StopReferencing, mhn433, NixerX, Mood Sphinx, itkindaworks, SomeDayRockstar, guller1, metz420(TGP)

Comment

Jimmy Page did the same thing. He used a lot of pentatonic blues scales. It's really a shame. He could have been a good guitarist. Also, Iron Maiden's riffs need more work too.

I'm sorry, but at 2:25 that's just straight up **************** playing. If that's heart and soul, then heart and soul sucks.

Good deals with: the avenger, Zepsongs, BryanFTWL, gibbyshibby, marshmi, Ovid9, emptyparadigm, thesockmonster, Krunch79, VoodooChild24, espdna, StopReferencing, mhn433, NixerX, Mood Sphinx, itkindaworks, SomeDayRockstar, guller1, metz420(TGP)

Comment

Working...
                                X