Line 6 version of an axe fx

The Rossness

• Members

I don't really know why they should "compete". Line 6 already has tons of more different types of products than Fractal will likely ever have and they seem to be doing pretty fine.

...In fact, one could ask when will Fractal release a product to compete with Line 6's guitar amps, or bass amps, or speaker cabs, or wireless systems, stompboxes, MIDI controllers, guitars, recording interfaces, softwares, etc.?

Also, I can walk into a store and try a bunch of various Line 6 products there and walk out with one instantly if I like. Also, rather inexpensively I must add. Can't do that with Axe FX. So far it still remains as a product I've only heard about but never actually even seen one with my own eyes - or even seen anyone use one live. Line 6 gear on the other hand is pretty much a mainstay and if you see about 10 bands live then most likely at least one of them uses a bunch of their gear.

Yeah, I realise that Snax FX is kinda one off professional product but I don't see how you can actually compare the two companies. Line 6 already produces rack-mountable, decent sounding guitar preamps and I can easily buy one from local stores without waiting times or price tag that introduces a gigantic moral hangover, so in my book Fractal should actually compete with Line 6 and not the other way around. :lol:

• Members

I don't really know why they should "compete". Line 6 already has tons of more different types of products than Fractal will likely ever have and they seem to be doing pretty fine.

...In fact, one could ask when will Fractal release a product to compete with Line 6's guitar amps, or bass amps, or speaker cabs, or wireless systems, stompboxes, MIDI controllers, guitars, recording interfaces, softwares, etc.?

Also, I can walk into a store and try a bunch of various Line 6 products there and walk out with one instantly if I like. Also, rather inexpensively I must add. Can't do that with Axe FX. So far it still remains as a product I've only heard about but never actually even seen one with my own eyes - or even seen anyone use one live. Line 6 gear on the other hand is pretty much a mainstay and if you see about 10 bands live then most likely at least one of them uses a bunch of their gear.

Yeah, I realise that Snax FX is kinda one off professional product but I don't see how you can actually compare the two companies. Line 6 already produces rack-mountable, decent sounding guitar preamps and I can easily buy one from local stores without waiting times or price tag that introduces a gigantic moral hangover, so in my book Fractal should actually compete with Line 6 and not the other way around.
:lol:

What so they can dilute the market with something that's less than the highest quality? Why would you start selling wagon wheels if you already produce the best radials around?

• Members

What so they can dilute the market with something that's less than the highest quality? Why would you start selling wagon wheels if you already produce the best radials around?

because the gen pop can only afford wagon wheels.

which is why line 6 is still raking in the dough.

• Members

What so they can dilute the market with something that's less than the highest quality?

Quite frankly, yes. Like every other manufacturer that does it, you don't spin it as it's "less than the highest quality", you spin it as "now you can get Fractal design/quality at an affordable price".

I get it that Fractal isn't interested in entering that marketplace, right now, but that wouldn't be the worst thing in the world for musicians.

• Members

I can't imagine anyone at Line 6 is losing sleep over how to compete with Fractal. I pass a GC on my way home from work everyday, and I just about always see some mom, dad, or sloppy haired kid dragging a Spider combo out the door. They're doing just fine.

• Members

The 1 good thing is that Line 6 is FINALLY addressing and realizing the fact they REALLY REALLY needed to *UPDATE and IMPROVE* there tonezzz!

Now how it sounds is another story, but at least Line 6 is trying to address there basic tone

It actually is a good thing (big company is stepping up there product) for us gearheads imo!

:idk:

• Members

The simple answer is no they are not going to be a Fractal type unit. It's not their market.

What they have learned is that you don't need a modeler with 100 amps. It's overkill and nobody will ever use all of them. In fact, most people that use any modeler usually hang on a few patches and that's it. Less models, but better quality is what people at Line 6 forums asked for, and we'll see how Line 6 delivers with POD HD.

For a few hundred bucks, the POD is not a bad deal at all. If the improvement of that is in the two grand range, only a select few who can afford it will proceed. The rest get free stuff off the web or buy a cheaper modeler and are mostly satisfied.

• Members

The simple answer is no they are not going to be a Fractal type unit. It's not their market.

What they have learned is that you don't need a modeler with 100 amps. It's overkill and nobody will ever use all of them. In fact, most people that use any modeler usually hang on a few patches and that's it. Less models, but better quality is what people at Line 6 forums asked for, and we'll see how Line 6 delivers with POD HD.

For a few hundred bucks, the POD is not a bad deal at all. If the improvement of that is in the two grand range, only a select few who can afford it will proceed. The rest get free stuff off the web or buy a cheaper modeler and are mostly satisfied.

Well said. Now lets hope your accurate. I bought an XT for cheap and it works good.

Ive said it before, If line 6 would make for custom cab impulses it would greatly improve their existing tone.

• Members

Behringer is just going to copy the software and run Cliff out of business.

I'm the most hilarious way possible :lol:

Fractal still can't make their overpriced junk sound much better than a pod. Why does Line 6 care that his product that costs 10x as much only delivers a ~2% better product? Over engineered simply to charge more and boost his profits.

• Members

FWIW, I just read a post from Cliff (the head of Fractal) on the Gear page where he stated they are working on lower end products (i.e. stuff that will encroach on L6's territory) to make their tech more accessible and tap new customers not willing to shell out mega bucks for the Axe.

Right now, they don't compete that much, IMHO. Line 6 is trying to make the best product for a particular demographic and price point, Fractal has targeted a completely different demographic and price point. Both are highly successful companies in that regard.

It WILL be interesting as the technology enables the lower tier to move up and compress the gap, though, sort of like what has been going on with software/plug-ins. Then they may start to butt heads a little bit. I'm certainly not going to dis L6 for making a technological upgrade their customers want. And it makes sense for Fractal to mine new territory, too.

In America everything is a competition it seems. If you ain't first you're last.

• Members

FWIW, I just read a post from Cliff (the head of Fractal) on the Gear page where he stated they are working on lower end products (i.e. stuff that will encroach on L6's territory) to make their tech more accessible and tap new customers not willing to shell out mega bucks for the Axe.

Right now, they don't compete that much, IMHO. Line 6 is trying to make the best product for a particular demographic and price point, Fractal has targeted a completely different demographic and price point. Both are highly successful companies in that regard.

It WILL be interesting as the technology enables the lower tier to move up and compress the gap, though, sort of like what has been going on with software/plug-ins. Then they may start to butt heads a little bit. I'm certainly not going to dis L6 for making a technological upgrade their customers want. And it makes sense for Fractal to mine new territory, too.

In America everything is a competition it seems. If you ain't first you're last.

Competition is a WONDERFULL thing, on so many different levels!

:idea:

• Members

Well said. Now lets hope your accurate. I bought an XT for cheap and it works good.

Ive said it before, If line 6 would make for custom cab impulses it would greatly improve their existing tone.

The HD 500 (but not the 300/400) will have that capability.

Im very much looking forward to hearing these things once they're released.

• Members

Are you recording? or using a pod with a guitar cab with your amp for gigs?

Recording? You don't need a modeler to have cab IR capabilities. You can add IR's in your daw.

Live sound, if you use a guitar cab, IR's are a moot point.

If you play live with modeler and IR's for cabs and use an FRFR type amplification source then you'll find not too many of those models ever working the same across the board and you'll tweak your ass off to get things right. This is why most guys that use a modeler for gigs will not use 40 amp models and patches. They don't sound right through the same rigs.

If any of these companies had really good cabinet modeling to begin with, then they wouldn't need the extra option of user cab imports. I think IR's are cool too, but you can do the same basic thing with a daw. I think IR's in the daw sound better anyway because they are not a midi conversion of the same thing. Kind of like MP3's and Wav files imo. The original is changed someway that makes it not quite as good.

• Members

Behringer is just going to copy the software and run Cliff out of business.

I'm the most hilarious way possible
:lol:

Fractal still can't make their overpriced junk sound much better than a pod. Why does Line 6 care that his product that costs 10x as much only delivers a ~2% better product? Over engineered simply to charge more and boost his profits.

You sure have flip flopped on this issue a bunch. :lol:

internet-troll-college-humor.jpg

Archived